PDA

View Full Version : HHO question

Shawnster
07-06-2008, 07:38 PM
I keep reading about neutral plates, what exactly are they? on my cell, I have 4 plates wired pos, neg, pos , neg is that right are should I go back to HHO 101? thanks

timetowinarace
07-06-2008, 07:51 PM
There are many ways to wire correctly depending on the desired effect but one way to wire incorrectly and get no effect.

If there is one wire going from positive to a plate and then on to another plate and on to the next plate and so on to negative you will create a short. There has to be aa gap between two plates with no connection between except for electrolyte solution.

Oops, I see your project is working.

The purpose of N plates is to drop voltage across the cell. This can lower the temp of the cell but I find for an equall number of plates it also reduces the output.

Stratous
07-06-2008, 09:01 PM
The thoery behind the "n" plate is this.

1. It only takes ~1.8 volts to crack water.
2. any excess voltage is wasted energy and released as thermal energy in your electrolyte solution.
3. "N" plates do drop voltage accross a circuit by about ~1.5 depending on spacing.
4. By dropping the voltage in the circuit you in effect reduce the production of thermal energy.

This cell design does the following. +NNN-NNN+

1 It is two circuits wired in series. The current travels from the negative point to the positive point.
2 In each circuit the voltage if measure from the + to the - should read ~2
volts
3. If you were to measure the voltage from the + plate to each N plate, you would see the voltage drop. I need a video camera so I can show this stuff...lol

timetowinarace
07-06-2008, 10:37 PM
The thoery behind the "n" plate is this.

1. It only takes ~1.8 volts to crack water.
2. any excess voltage is wasted energy and released as thermal energy in your electrolyte solution.
3. "N" plates do drop voltage accross a circuit by about ~1.5 depending on spacing.
4. By dropping the voltage in the circuit you in effect reduce the production of thermal energy.

This cell design does the following. +NNN-NNN+

1 It is two circuits wired in series. The current travels from the negative point to the positive point.
2 In each circuit the voltage if measure from the + to the - should read ~2
volts
3. If you were to measure the voltage from the + plate to each N plate, you would see the voltage drop. I need a video camera so I can show this stuff...lol

Very good explaination