PDA

View Full Version : Bubbler

Roland@KnR
07-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Is it nessacary to use a bubbler if so, why?

timetowinarace
07-07-2008, 02:42 PM
A bubbler is a safety device. As such, whether or not it's necissary is up to the user. For most, this simple addition of a bubbler for a couple of bucks is well worth the safety precaution.

Roland@KnR
07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
I guess I may be talking about he wrong thing after reading, the bubbler is a seperate unit which the HHO go through, the equipment I am speaking of is the peice which a tube connects with top lid mechanism which sucks in air for the unit, it just seems that I am getting more air than HHO should this mechanism be controlled in some way

h-power
07-07-2008, 03:09 PM
The main electrolyzer unit is a closed system except for the output tube that carries the HHO gas to the bubbler. The bubbler is also a closed system except for the input tube which is open at the bottom of the water column and an output tube going to the engines intake.

timetowinarace
07-07-2008, 04:50 PM
I think I know what you mean and no it is not necissary. It shouldn't hurt production. The idea behind it is that the air bubbles it pulls in causes turbulence and dislodges hho bubbles from the electrodes.

dennis13030
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
It is not necessary. However, it does the following;

1. It indicates when you are getting HHO gas production.
2. It can filter the output of the electrolyzer. This includes filtering out steam and electrolyte.
3. It can keep your electrolyzer from exploding. If the HHO gas is ignited and the flame travels down the output tubing into the electrolyzer, there is a good chance that your electrolyzer will explode. The same is true for the bubbler as well. The bubbler can explode under the same conditions. However it is better to lose a bubbler than an eletrolyzer.

Some people use a bubbler, a flame arrester and a checkvalue(one way valve) to ensure safe operations.

Roland@KnR
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Your right on the money Racer I appreciate the info, so with that being said do you think it would be a good idea to be able to control the air flow too?

dennis13030
07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Your right on the money Racer I appreciate the info, so with that being said do you think it would be a good idea to be able to control the air flow too?

Do you mean the flow of HHO gases?

Roland@KnR
07-07-2008, 10:50 PM
No I mean the amount of air sucked into the unit from the air induction line which runs to the bottom of the unit

Stratous
07-07-2008, 10:56 PM
No I mean the amount of air sucked into the unit from the air induction line which runs to the bottom of the unit

If you plan on running your unit on vaccume, then your idea is going to cause a vaccume leak. If you plan on running your unit into your air filter box, then it should be fine.

Roland@KnR
07-07-2008, 11:11 PM
I am actually running it between the PCV and the air intake after the throttle body but before the last sensor on a 4 cylinder Dodge Neon it seems to have a whole lot more power but really havent tested the mpg yet plan to tommorrow also how do I test the LPM's? And at 12amps my unit is only getting warm not hot using baking soda and a tad of White Vinegar for electrolyte. Also my unit is laying on the AC line which is helping the unit stay cool.