PDA

View Full Version : exploding

grimr27
05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
my case explodes when i light the end of my tube. i have a vacum checkvalve and i run my tube into a cup of water and lite the bubbles. it was just poping at first then boom it blowed the lide off. this is the second time this is happend. no real damage but it scared the .. out of me so im not going any farther untill i can find out what is going on. ill post some pics next week so you can see what i have for a cell and see if im doing something wrong..

roller24
05-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Unless you are separating the gases, the H2 and O blend is combustible without any other air needed for burn. This means the flame can travel thru the tubing.
In the engine the H2 is blended with fresh air and combustibility is lessened.

My Thumb took the business end of the lid blowing off my jar,:o I wont be using the match test again either.

grimr27
05-19-2008, 09:37 AM
yea i was thinking you dont fill a jar with gas and lite the end of it :P and i have allways been tought that water dose not ignite. but i know now :)

Ronjinsan
05-28-2008, 03:04 AM
Hmmm I never really understood this "match test" thing, I mean what do people think is going to come out of there?

gasmakr
05-30-2008, 05:07 PM
A check valve will not stop the flame travel through yor supply tube... when you light the gas the flame travels through the tube but the check valve is being held open by the flow of gas coming out of the generator. the flame will travel right inside the jar and blow the lid off. the same will happen when you get a backfire through your intake in your engine. you need to install a flame arrestor inline with the supply tube this will stop the flame from reaching your generator you can build these for cheap or you can by them off of EBAY for like 10-15 bucks. these have been used for years on oxy-Acetylene torches. if the flame travels back to one of those tanks you are talking a big boom 2600psi of gas compressed.:eek:

Stratous
05-30-2008, 06:11 PM
The match test is supposed to be done this way. Place tube into a bottle of water, then as the bubbles come to the surface light the match. The flash back cant travel through the water so it wont blow up your genny.

Ronjinsan
05-31-2008, 01:07 PM
And this proves?

gasmakr
05-31-2008, 01:12 PM
And this proves?

the match test is for non belivers who think this stuff is a big joke and they need to see for themselves that that you can make flamable gas from WATER!:D

Ronjinsan
05-31-2008, 01:23 PM
LOL I like that.....best explanation yet!

CHRISTOPHER
06-01-2008, 04:07 PM
if they dont know that h20 is hydrogen and oxygen then they should not be experimenting with highly explosive gasses :D cause ppl might get surprised when lighting it:rolleyes:

gasmakr
06-01-2008, 06:06 PM
if they dont know that h20 is hydrogen and oxygen then they should not be experimenting with highly explosive gasses :D cause ppl might get surprised when lighting it:rolleyes:

You would be suprised what people don't know and what thier misconceptions are about this stuff......it took me an hour to convince my wife that this stuff wasn't complete BULL and let me spend the money to build my first system.:)

Now she's glad I did!!!!!:)

grimr27
06-02-2008, 12:24 AM
well the match test was all i needed to convince me and my wife :D But i dont recommend this test to anyone it is VERY DANGEROUS.

Ronjinsan
06-02-2008, 02:27 AM
Oh come on .....its nice to watch people singe their hair now and again ;-)

gasmakr
06-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh come on .....its nice to watch people singe their hair now and again ;-)

AMEN to that!:D:D

grimr27
06-07-2008, 11:03 PM
dose anyone know how to make a flame arrestor or know a link on how to build one?

Stratous
06-08-2008, 12:16 AM
HHO burns way faster than gas, I am not sure that a check valve or arrester that was designed for petol would work on HHO.

gidrew
06-08-2008, 10:29 AM
I saw someone who made one on youtube. He took a 3-4" nipple put some millet seeds in first, then bronze wool, then some more millet seeds. Then he SHOWS you that it works.
I found the video again for people who would like to see it. go to youtube and paste this is the search field: My Most Successful Flashback Ever For Mix HHO Gas 5-17-2008. Thats the homemade flashback.

grimr27
06-08-2008, 08:19 PM
well so far i figured out i had to make my torch tip size to match the pressure of hho im makeing i decreased the size of the tip untill it bubbled a constant streem and now i can lite it and hold a flame without any backfire in my bubbler but im onley getting about 2min out of it then the flame starts to shrink so i put it out :D

Ronjinsan
06-09-2008, 03:27 AM
Well at least if the thing packs in you can use it to feed the canaries!:D

wingnut
06-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Sorry, I am very new at this. However, I'm not sure as to where to jump in so maybe you guys know. I have tried different metals as a generator and get good results. However, still have the brown/green pond scum at the top irreguardless. Has anyone tried alluminum and why or why not?

ranger2.3
06-09-2008, 06:09 PM
I have tryed to use aluminum(from a pop can) but it didn't, on the other hand it was a small scaled down version of a generator powered by 1 or 2 AAA batteries thus not enough voltage

wingnut
06-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Hey, good to speak with someone. No, I mean like 1/4" channel.

wingnut
06-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Sorry, not channel, but 1/4" 90 degree angle with a 1" or 2" width?

captbob
06-14-2008, 03:37 PM
For flash arrestor: forget millet seeds they're for the birds-This thing gets wet and any organic crap will rot: Pack 4"X3/8" nipple with bronze wool-(roll pieces between palms to form tube then tamp in with pencil eraser) small ball of SS screen to hold hairs in and cap off with your 1/4" threaded hose barbs. 'BRASS', don't save $.05 on cpvc or other plastic, and if you have to ask why--how'd you live so long??.
These are a must have, and non believers can apply as hosts in the smoking lounge of the Hindenberg!! CB

Ronjinsan
06-17-2008, 04:43 AM
Thanks Captain Bob......gonna make one tonight if I can find all the bits, may have some trouble with the bronze wool but I have the other stuff! Now which way was that lounge......:D