PDA

View Full Version : Bubbler Ready!

tbhavsar
07-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I have made the bubbler; it is about 7 1/2 inch long; with 2” PVC pipe; please check out pics and comment if I am missing anything….Do I need to have a water level indicator? Will bubbler water level stay the same after few days?

Also please check this thread to comment on injection points.
http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=286

Appreciate you help!

dennis13030
07-07-2008, 06:10 PM
It looks ok. What's the steel wool looking stuff and what is it supposed to do?

I think bubblers can be a lot smaller too.

tbhavsar
07-07-2008, 06:23 PM
It looks ok. What's the steel wool looking stuff and what is it supposed to do?

I think bubblers can be a lot smaller too.

It is anti-slosh material (I used scrubby from dollar store) wrapped around the tube; that supposed to stop water going thru the output tube since water is continuously sloshing around.

dennis13030
07-07-2008, 06:38 PM
It is anti-slosh material (I used scrubby from dollar store) wrapped around the tube; that supposed to stop water going thru the output tube since water is continuously sloshing around.

ok............

ranger2.3
07-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Thats pretty cool. How much did the cost to make it average? (I need to make one my self)

tbhavsar
07-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Thats pretty cool. How much did the cost to make it average? (I need to make one my self)

I would say approximately $20.

jousterusa
07-07-2008, 09:22 PM
My kit, which is a Jose Elizando derivative of the Water4Gas one, comes with an adjustable dripper to make the bubbler unnecessary. It's got five click-set positions and is very small but apparentl;y does the job quite well.
Besides the dripper and the two electrodes, there are an elbow and check valve that are pushed through holes drilled in the widemouth Bell Mason jar metal lid and sealed with Plumber's Goop. Is anyone else using an adjustable dripper? They cost about $2 at Petco or Petsmart, Jose said.

BTW, I got a note today from a guy here in Bradenton who works in an auto dealership, and he and the other mechanics are having a quiet competition to see who can get the best mileage from HHO kits. He installed his on July 3 and drove to middle Alabam on one tank. His Chevy van's mileage went from 20mps to around 50mpg on this 22-hour trip to Huntsville, which involved a lot of hills. He and his crew will be there and I hope they'll be installers at the HHO Games.

mikestrikes
07-07-2008, 10:34 PM
22-hour trip to Huntsville, .

Really ! I live in Decatur, Al just west of Huntsville. I would really like to see someones working setup before I start on mine..

wljohns
07-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I live in Haleyville AL. About 40 miles from decatur via moulton. Brother works in Huntsville.

LOL

Ronjinsan
07-08-2008, 03:06 AM
Nice Tushar.....pity the tube isnt transparent, but then again thats just me being paranoid!

lou
07-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Forgive me if this to elementary of a question .....but what's a bubbler? Purpose/function? :D:D

Ronjinsan
07-08-2008, 03:58 AM
HI Lou

Bubbler has some advantages.....firstly you can see the bubbles coming from your output which allows you to guage a/ if its working and b/ how well! Secondly the bubbler acts like a safety valve in case of a flame blowback coming from the intake. The lid of the bubbler is a weak point and will blow off stopping the flame from goiing any further. Sort of works like a flashback arrestor! Disadvantages....more places for leaks to happen and you need to find a space for it! All the best

lou
07-08-2008, 04:48 AM
Room will not be an issue, working on a unit to install in to my work truck.

Thank you for the warm reception, I'm looking forward to the journey.

Johnh
07-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi lou
Even if your truck is a diesel put a bubbler on it - the risks and mess attached to spraying caustic all around the engine bay if you get a backfire or the intake heaters on a diesel ignite the HHO makes it a must , flashback arrestors are not made to stop oxygen and fuel mixtures and can fail,a properly made and maintained bubbler will not fail.
John

lou
07-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the info John. I have a fair amount of experience with potash & SH and am aware the damage these compound can create.

There is so much info here ....:D:D

tbhavsar
07-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Nice Tushar.....pity the tube isnt transparent, but then again thats just me being paranoid!

Thanks Ron; I was looking for Transparent PVC; but could not find in small Quantity (usplastic.com). I will install water level indicator; thanks for your valuable input.

lou
07-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Thanks Ron; I was looking for Transparent PVC; but could not find in small Quantity (usplastic.com). I will install water level indicator; thanks for your valuable input.

Let's see pics :)

tbhavsar
07-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Here is the picture with water level...

justaguy
07-22-2008, 10:44 PM
What is a good thing to use for a clear bubbler?

tbhavsar
07-23-2008, 10:08 AM
What is a good thing to use for a clear bubbler?

I tired that but Clear PVC in small Qty was not available from online seller I placed my order. one could use clear water bottle from Wal-mart. May be coleman brand.

tbhavsar
07-23-2008, 11:34 AM
After reading following Bob Boyce post on another forum; I am going to remove or replace metal scrubby that I bought and used from Dollar store. I will look around for plastic now.

==== Being of Bob Boyce Post ========

Despite the limited successes that some have had with metal wools, that is the worst possible material to use for a hydroxy gas flashback filter! Hydrogen Tap, like most of the other marketing driven sources, is not a very reliable source of highly experienced information. They will tend to put sales profits over customer safety or needs.

1. A flashback filter MUST NOT BE CONDUCTIVE! Anyone that uses a conductive media does not understand the nature of hydrogen / oxygen combustion. There is a high voltage discharge that occurs from the rapid release of electrons (why a hydrogen fuel cell works like it does), and that discharge occurs VERY fast during hydroxy gas detonation. This discharge can pass right through a conductive flashback arrestor, and create an electrical discharge into the hydroxy gas on the other side, igniting it!

2. Metal wool does not filter out ANY of the caustic aerosol that can be produced at higher power densities. For this reason, the use of a > > scrubber bubbler is recommended. THEN you can follow up with some
sort of flashback protection. I prefer a dense plastic based filter media.

Bob

==== End of Bob Boyce Post ========