PDA

View Full Version : general questions, some specific to diesel

naamanator
07-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey everyone,

Great resource we have here...

Right, a few questions...

What is the effect of HHO on the internals of an engine? Does it harm the piston rings at all? Is there any potential damage?

Injection points....

I have a copy of the Water4Gas, and it states you can inject HHO into the intake manifold, and the fuel lines. The intake makes sense to me, but the fuel lines are a bit different.

How would a gas mix with a liquid? How would the injector/pump deal with the gas? Can someone shed some light on this issue?

Next question,
I have a 1997 2.8 diesel hilux i I want to work with. This is a mechanical injection pump. I cannot find any maf or O2 sensors. Will I have to worry about the injector dumping in extra fuel? My understanding of this type of pump is the more the pedal goes down, the more fuel injected. If this is the case, it wouldn't even know it's using a different fuel.

Am I on the right track?

Maybe some of you have experience with diesels, any information or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I'm an 18 year old engineering student who could really use some extra mileage :)

timetowinarace
07-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Sounds like you have a handle on it.

You should be able to inject HHO into that motor without any modifactions.

I think most of us determined that injecting HHO into fuel was a unnecissary or unwise option.

It's possible that internal parts could rust such as rings and pistons but I find this unlikely because of the temp in the cylinders unless tthe moter sat for long periods between uses . diesel fuel lubricates the inside cylinder walls so it is even less likely on a diesel.

naamanator
07-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Awesome, thanks for the reply.

From what I could gather, it didn't make much sense to inject into the fuel lines. Can I ask why? Is it to do with the mixing process? Can the injectors even handle a gas?

Also, if the same fuel lines are hooked up with the same flow(no injection into fuel lines), wouldnt that mean the fuel consumption is the same?

I've heard some folks say the HHO acts as a catalyst,improving the octane of the fuel, but if the same amount of fuel is still going in, how can there be any improvement?

Regards

rmptr
07-10-2008, 02:32 AM
With an improvement in the burn quality of the fuel, by addition of a catalyst to the combustible mix, you will get more power, a cleaner burn, and better efficiency. Hence, more MPG's! TaDaa!

If it works well, you could investigate leaning out your injection pump.
I know there are factory mods for high altitude diesel operation.

Stratous is THE diesel man, though...

Best