PDA

View Full Version : HHO Journal from a novice beginner.

roller24
05-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Heard about HHO on the AM Radio at 3am one morning.
Googled it. and Decided to give it a go.

My first setup was a wide mouth glass jar with typical metal lid.
I live at the ocean so I decided to use seawater as my solution.
I cut off the end of my car cell phone charger to use a power source. ( im guessing about 9v)
I stripped the wire at 3 inches and ran in straight into the solution wrapped and twisted around stainless steel pot scrubbers (not the SOS type but the curly shiny ones (chore Boy) I put the positive anode sponge in a sandwich bag as a separator.
Crude but functional.

It did produce HHO , but not a lot. I ran the HHO recovery tube into a water trap and got a bubble about every 2 seconds. Not enough in my opinion to sufficiently reduce fuel usage.

I dropped the Jar on my Xwife's walkway, and let me tell you,, she was not happy about he rust colored stain. :D

I got a plastice jar for the next round and wanted to increase the power supply.
I bought a 140W power inverter which plugged into the cig lighter and coverted the power to AC and then got a 13.5/30V ac adapter. Hoping to use the 30V end. the inverter shut down after 5 minutes due to excessive pull, so I had to stay on 13.5
the bubbles were a bit faster, but still not what I hoped for.
At this point, I went ahead and just connected straight to the battery which worked about the same.

third attempt
I went to lowes and bought 12 Stainless steel blank outlet covers which were pre drilled and I made two sets of 6 ,spaced and assembled with 8/32 threaded rod and nuts .I used a plasic bucket and ran the threaded rod up through the lid and connected the power to the threaded rod. I even put a steel sponge on each rod for extra node area. The bubbles were strong and steady 5 or 6 times what was produced in my first set up, but heat is now an issue I need to deal with.
I also removed the sponges as the cathode sponge decentigrated quickly. there was also significant loss of the threaded rod.

Im considering mounting the resevoir on the front of the car to see if the moving air will keep it cool.

ANy suggestions on how to deal with the threaded rod corrosion would be appreciated. Im going to try a differnt solution to see if that helps.

Ronjinsan
05-22-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi Roller
Firstly dont use seawater...try some distilled water with a teaspoon of baking soda and a smidge of white vinegar until you get it working properly. Threaded bar is normally made from galvanised steel (I havent found any SS where I live). Galvanised + salt is a bad thing and adding power to it is even worse! Try and make you connections with SS wire or strips and you shouldnt have a problem. Best of luck!

Ron