PDA

View Full Version : Energy Efficiency vs. Cost Efficiency

dennis13030
07-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I just wanted to mention this to the group.

Energy Efficiency
ENERGY OUT vs ENERGY IN, this is all about getting as much energy output(Used HHO gas) for the amount of energy input(watthours). The larger this number is, the better off we are.

Cost Efficiency
$ SAVED vs $ SPENT, this is all about saving as much money as possible(by not spending as much on gasoline) and minimizing expenditures(the cost of the HHO system and all associated things). The larger this number is, the better off we are.

The better of these two is Cost Efficiency. Even if the Energy Efficiency is BAD, who cares as long as you are saving money and the associated costs are small.

rmptr
07-11-2008, 12:37 AM
Excellent point Dennis.

Pennsylvania crude was a real bonus as we ran low on the source for whale oil to burn in our lamps.

I DO subscribe to the theory of Peak Oil, and, as it become more expensive, even though a delivery system has been built upon nearly every corner, it has become very cost efficient to implement even a very simple Dr Brown's gas system to enhance ICE performance.

I have no doubt that any effort we expend now will lead to further improvement and perhaps mass production of motors/systems efficient upon HHO alone.

The only thing that slows me from further experiment is house rent and taxes!

Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

Best