PDA

View Full Version : Electronic mod's to the car !

mikestrikes
07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Are we try'n to lower or raise voltage going to the ECU from the O2 sensor ?
And same question for the MAP sensor..

And does the timing need to be retarded or advanced ?

dennis13030
07-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Sensors? I don't know.

Timing, I believe need to be advanced. How much? I would think to just past top dead center TDC.

HHOWolfen
07-10-2008, 10:29 PM
one good way to get better mileage with any car is to advance the cam timing, which advances the firing timing as well

HHOWolfen
07-10-2008, 10:30 PM
most timing is already advanced 7 to 10 degrees already

Johnh
07-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Advancing the timing is a no no with hydrogen injection. The best advice is to leave it alone as the amount of hydrogen is very small. but because of the burn speed of hydrogen some say the timing can be retarded slightly.

With full hydrogen operation the timing is retarded to 0 TDC or just slightly later to prevent backfiring. You notice some of the little motors on youtube that haven't had the timing change consistantly backfire.

John

timetowinarace
07-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Are we try'n to lower or raise voltage going to the ECU from the O2 sensor ?
And same question for the MAP sensor..

And does the timing need to be retarded or advanced ?

1. I believe the voltage needs to raise, otherwise a simple resister inline would do the job.

2.Not sure about the MAP.

3. If the car has an O2 and MAP sensor it is likely the ignition timing is also computer controled. It is not easily changed if it is. If it can be changed(ie has a distributer cap), the more hho injected into the motor, the more the ignition timing needs to be retarded. With hho, only advance ignition timing if you want to break something in the engine such as pistons, heads, crankshaft, valves, ect. Camshaft timing(valves) do not need adjustment because of hho unless your going pure hho or just want to try for better mpg's(this applies wether or not hho is used with regular fuel).

If injecting less than 2lpm hho for a small 4 cylinder motor I don't see a need to worry about timing.

mikestrikes
07-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks guys......