PDA

View Full Version : questions with wiring

brett420fu
07-11-2008, 05:04 AM
i have recently installed a HHO cell in my 81' ford f150 and i wanted it to only produce gas while my engine was running. I installed a relay switch but was unable to find a wire that was hot only when my engine was running so i just spliced in to the hot wire on my windshield wipers. I did not like doing this as they work when i have my accesories turned on. I was told that to turn on the relay you needed only the slightest amount of charge. Now my windshield wipers are retarded untill i pull the fuse for the HHO cell, then they run normal. can anybody help?

dennis13030
07-11-2008, 10:12 AM
See the picture below.

geobushono
07-11-2008, 11:34 AM
I read about a guy who wired his relay to his fuel pump circuit, which ran only when the engine was running.

Stratous
07-11-2008, 11:43 AM
i have recently installed a HHO cell in my 81' ford f150 and i wanted it to only produce gas while my engine was running. I installed a relay switch but was unable to find a wire that was hot only when my engine was running so i just spliced in to the hot wire on my windshield wipers. I did not like doing this as they work when i have my accesories turned on. I was told that to turn on the relay you needed only the slightest amount of charge. Now my windshield wipers are retarded untill i pull the fuse for the HHO cell, then they run normal. can anybody help?

Sounds very strange to me. Your winshield wipers shouldnt do anything unless turned on. Did you splice into the wiper hot wire between the wiper motor and wiper switch? Or after? Most wiper systems have a componet installed somplace that is similar to a DC motor controller or a time delay relay. Thats how they controll the interval in the wiping motion. Sounds like your causing interferrence with the controller. it would be better to wire into your turn signal circuit just before the fuse box. Turn signals normally dont work with the engine off.

gheuett
07-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I had the exact same issue. Under my hood there was not one fuse that passed current only when the engine was running. They were either hot all the time or off when the car was off but on when the key was turned to ACC. That would not work at all. I had visions of of someone listening to the radio with the ACC on, starting the car and producing a nice HHO bang under the hood.

Check for an additional fuse box under your dash. I used the heated seat 10A fuse. That is only on when the engine is running. I got one of those add-a-circuit fuse adaptors and plugged my relay connection up. The toughest part was finding a path through the firewall. There was one healthy wire that passed through a rubber grommet. I just poked through that and connected it up. It's worked perfectly.

Hope this helps!
Gib