PDA

View Full Version : creating an electromagnetic field

Stratous
07-11-2008, 09:30 AM
I have read someplace that introducing a magnetic field during water electrolysis can increase production considerably. I have considered making an electromagnet and putting it above the cell. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

dennis13030
07-11-2008, 09:49 AM
I don't know about how effective it might be, however a simple way to try it would be to;

Use a cylinder design electrolyzer, a long insulated wire and wrap the wire around the cylinder. The more time you wrap the cylinder the stronger the magnetic field will be. Also, the magnetic field strength also depends on the amount of current running through the wire.

Just make sure that the current is not so great the you use too much power or melt the wire.

timetowinarace
07-11-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't know about how effective it might be, however a simple way to try it would be to;

Use a cylinder design electrolyzer, a long insulated wire and wrap the wire around the cylinder. The more time you wrap the cylinder the stronger the magnetic field will be. Also, the magnetic field strength also depends on the amount of current running through the wire.

Just make sure that the current is not so great the you use too much power or melt the wire.

I've seen this done on one design with mixed results. Some claim better production, some claim it did nothing.

dennis13030
07-11-2008, 01:25 PM
On face value, the idea sound dumb to me.

Stratous
07-11-2008, 03:14 PM
On face value, the idea sound dumb to me.

Read this article, there are several more out there concerning magnetic fields and hydrogen. http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=GoBox%2FElectrolysis

And this one: www.free-energy-info.co.uk/PatE14.pdf

mario brito
07-11-2008, 05:26 PM
i'm very sorry if this is a stupid question, but why use a electro-magnet and not a permanent magnet ? why use more power from the car battery ? isn't the result the same ?

in my very limited knowledge, they both produce a magnetic field with a south and a north pole.

dennis13030
07-11-2008, 05:39 PM
i'm very sorry if this is a stupid question, but why use a electro-magnet and not a permanent magnet ? why use more power from the car battery ? isn't the result the same ?

in my very limited knowledge, they both produce a magnetic field with a south and a north pole.

I like your pix mario brito!

Chicks with biguns...oh yea!

or is that

Big Guns?

Stratous
07-11-2008, 06:42 PM
I have considered a perm magnet, but making an electro magnet is easy and I dont have to spend any money to do it...lol

mario brito
07-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I like your pix mario brito!

Chicks with biguns...oh yea!

or is that

Big Guns?

i've been using this image for several years now - on my msn, other forums, etc :)
i believe it shows my way of looking at the world - don't judge the book by the cover !

mario brito
07-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I have considered a perm magnet, but making an electro magnet is easy and I dont have to spend any money to do it...lol

i understand your idea, but you can have powerfull free/almost free perm magnet just disassembling ( is this word correct ? :) ) a medium/big size speaker with the advantage of not adding heat to your system.

thanks

BigTruck
07-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Help me out here. I guess the purpose of the magnetic field would be to produce the same amount of HHO while drawing less amps. All I know is that magnetism and current go hand in hand.

I thought the windings or magnetic field had to go around a magnet like in a motor.

Stratous
07-11-2008, 08:49 PM
according to the links i posted earlier, the oxygen and h2 mole's sorta circulate ,because of the magnetic, field toward the plates they are attracted to. Using a magnetic field that rotates the same direction helps increase production by up to 20%

1973dodger
07-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Rotates the same direction as what, the electrodes or the flow of water?

Curiously,

1973dodger

timetowinarace
07-12-2008, 10:48 AM

If you used a wire wrap around the unit, you could use the same power going to the unit. No extra current needed.

dennis13030
07-12-2008, 11:23 AM
If you used a wire wrap around the unit, you could use the same power going to the unit. No extra current needed.

Whether or not you connect the coil(electro-magnet) in series or in parallel with the electrolyzer, it will consume power/energy. In series, it will reduce the voltage across the electrolyzer. In parallel, it will draw more current from the battery/alternator.

rboos
01-19-2010, 11:35 PM
according to the links i posted earlier, the oxygen and h2 mole's sorta circulate ,because of the magnetic, field toward the plates they are attracted to. Using a magnetic field that rotates the same direction helps increase production by up to 20%

There is a video on youtube (below) showing the effect of applying DC current to a circular magnet under water... in one polarity, the HHO bubbles form and rotate clockwise; with reversed polarity, the bubbles form and rotate in the other direction... so I guess the magnetic field influences the movement of the HHO atoms... putting a magnet in the right position and direction might accelerate or retard the flow of HHO inside the dry/wet cells... as Stratous said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRz0a2qiCtc