PDA

View Full Version : Fractured Water

mattr
04-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Im sure you have heard of the scientist who tried to make HHO cells more efficient by pre-fracturing the water before electrolysis.

Instead of using brute-force with electricity to extract the hydrogen molecules, he had ideas to make this process more efficient.

I was thinking... might be a crazy idea but who knows, right? You know how a coin sorting machine works at your bank... big holes let the quarters fall down a tube and smaller holes let the nickels and dimes fall through... walla your coins are sorted by size and counted.

Check out this article...
http://www.nowpublic.com/tech-biz/1989-i-b-m-spelled-xenon-atoms
People... this was in nineteen eighty nine! 1989!!!

If 2 IBM researchers could pull this off back then... what can a super computer do if left to arrange the atoms... HMMM

Isnt it true that hydrogen molecules are MUCH smaller than water molecules? What if that super computer could make a filter on an atomic level that would basically have holes in it just large enough for the hydrogen atoms to pass through but NOT large enough for the water molecules to pass through. Kind of like the coin sorter.

Wouldnt this in fact let the hydrogen through on one side and keep water only on the other side? With NO use of electricity?

Ok all you brainiacs... Is this possible? Feasible?

Thanks!
-Matt

Stratous
04-18-2009, 03:14 PM
My first post in a really long time. I believe the concept is being used by a couple of the major Automotive companies. They call it a diaphram I believe. It allows the passage of H molecules while not permitting the passage of Oxygen. I think Honda and General motors or perhaps toyota are experimenting with it.

lowride
06-06-2009, 06:16 PM
You mean that one could break the bonds between Hydrogen and Oxygen with just pushing the water through a filter?

Interesting thought :-)

HHO BLASTER
06-06-2009, 08:56 PM
You mean that one could break the bonds between Hydrogen and Oxygen with just pushing the water through a filter?

Interesting thought :-)

Sounds to bucking easy

Franky
06-09-2009, 04:40 PM
It may sound easy, but for us not so easy to build I am afraid....

PeteVamped
07-08-2009, 09:04 PM
I agree with franky if only we had a bill gates of hho

03-07-2010, 11:14 AM
dupont in the past(maybe now), made membrane material that was used in someones cell; still had to perform electrolysis conventional way, but negative on one side of membrance, positive on the other side of membrane. this allowed hydrogen off separate side ALONE. oxygen was wasted off. problem i saw was how to inject hydrogen without moving water level into area where hydrogne was going(hopefully engine)...
cannot remember name of dupont material at this time.
when u r 66, cant remember what happens.
gerald b.

My first post in a really long time. I believe the concept is being used by a couple of the major Automotive companies. They call it a diaphram I believe. It allows the passage of H molecules while not permitting the passage of Oxygen. I think Honda and General motors or perhaps toyota are experimenting with it.

Shaggysan
03-17-2011, 05:07 PM
I think you might be referring to a Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) fuel cell.

Someone gave me a kit one Christmas that was a little car that had a fuel cell. it was a reversible PEM fuel cell with a membrane sandwiched between the pos and neg sides and used 2 AA batteries to break apart water. Then you take off the leads and hook up and electric motor to the cell to create a load and the the Hydrogen and oxygen would recombine backwards threw the cell to run the car. Attached is a page from the manual that came from the kit.

Nafion was the polymer membrane used in the cell I have.

Hope this helps and is what you were looking for.