PDA

View Full Version : Noob help......not much "gas"...tons of Quistions

jerryrig
07-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Well, I got a water filter housing, some wiring, and I bought some stainless steel tubing....I wired it all up last night, make a long story short...I was producing hho but not geting much output. I put a tube in some water and I was not geting any bubbles at all:confused:...., but I was watching the hho in my housing.....lets put it this way, it was working, but nothing to Oooo and Awwww over.

So, where am I going wrong? So far I just have a Neg and Pos tube....or I guess you could call them a plate. Same concept. Anyhow, will adding a neutral help? I have a 3'', to 2'', and 1'' inch set up..right now I am only using the 3'' and 2'' tubing, the other tube I have to go and pick up at some time today. I plan on now making the 2'' my neatral ang giong from there. Also, I thought about drilling some holes in the smaller tubes, just for the simple reason it will be really hard to drill the large tube full of holes (I only have a small, bench top drill press).

I think I am on the right track, I just need to take the cell up a notch.

Also, what is everyones bench set up. All I have is a 12 volt battery to work with....I do not know how to up the amperage. I have a old school battery charger, It only goes up to 6 amps though.

I know more amps is kind of the key here, so are their circuits to up the amps out there, or is it just a matter of tinkering?

If someone could take pics of their test set up, that would help, or just list what they have in their "tools of the trade" stuff.

I have to say I am a little bumbed at this point, but I am not giving up yet, I like to spend time at the drawing board and figure stuff out.

I was also adding about 3tsp of Baking soda......is baking soda the best stuff out there, or will I get more gas production out of something else? I thought about using epson salts....or a mix of both. At this point, any help will be great, thanks.:)

dennis13030
07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Make sure you are not allowing the tubes to touch each other.
Make sure you have good tight connections.
The neutral tube(2") is a good idea.
It sounds like the battery you have is not supplying enough amps. You may have to either recharge the battery or get a new one. If you get a new one, find the cheapest available.

Also there is help here for the electrolyte chemicals.
http://hhoforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=12

jerryrig
07-11-2008, 02:11 PM
So, which is better? Tubes or plates? I really don't have a source to get plating......I do kinda, but no real way to cut it. I am thinking about some ss wire mesh from a local dealer maybe for some later tests....but I am trying to keep things long term = low budget....not blowing all my eggs in the basket at once.

I am going t stick to my guns so far and try to fix this cell. But, I am seeing a new housing in my future, since this housing is only 4'' in wide and my tubes start ath 3". I might check on some prices today.

I just want to iron out all of the kinks before I get in over my head. I like the water filter housing, it is easey to use and cheap. Plus no glue or waiting on glue to dry.

So here is the list that follows.

Space out tubes better
Add liquid electrial tape to all of my fitings so there is no shorts.
Find the cutting board I bought that got lost in the heap of mess in my shop and use it for spacing.
And this time when I hook things up it will be to my truck battery, it has not let me down yet.

Anyything else I might be missing, just give me a shout.

Aximili
07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Okay, If what I am reading is true, you have a 1,2,3 inch ID SS tubes, 2 and 3 " are neg and pos. inside a plastic housing with water and I am assuming electrolyte. It may be that your tubes are too large. I have read that the best spacing is 1.5 - 2mm for HHO production. your looking at over 5 times that spacing. Check your voltage and amperage as well, under 1.5 volts wont give you good production. post pics, I would like to see it.

jerryrig
07-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, that is the set up. I think I am going for a whole new route though. I went and got some ss washwers, bolts, nuts and I am going with that I think. I can space them and they are easier to work with I think then plates. Holes are all ready drilled, ease of applicatoin, and so on.

I might have to change up the housing, but I am going to go through a series of bench tests with spacing and what not. Wish me luck.:)