PDA

View Full Version : Water filter housing? Who else uses them?

jerryrig
07-11-2008, 02:13 PM
I am using a water filter housing....does anyone think they are good to use? Or are there draw backs. like leaking gas? Or what not.....thanks.

Smith03Jetta
07-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I used one and had a small leak around the gasket. I think I did not tighten it enough. I think they are great for small spaces but I had trouble getting very much output from it because the container was so narrow.

justaguy
07-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I was thinking about trying a water filter. The one I found have about the same space as a 4 inch pvc. I am going with the clear one to eliminate the sight tube like is on a smack booster.

rmptr
07-12-2008, 06:31 PM
For the same space, isn't pvc pipe a LOT cheaper?

Yes, I think it's valuable to SEE the bubbles generated on the plates, especially for benefit of skeptics.

However, once past that stage, amperage draw is what's important.
... and rise in operating temp....

Best

justaguy
07-13-2008, 03:27 PM
I,m starting with the water filter as my test generator, I got the clear filter, I wanted to see what was going on for a while. I probably will be connecting my electric in the bottom or sides with my cell design. I couldn,t do that obviously with glass.
I have some 4 inch ABS pipe I might use later with a sight tube but this filter was much easier having the outlet already in the lid. One guy said he had trouble with leaking around the lid from the O-ring getting worn from opening his several times.
The filter also has an inlet too that I will screw in a plug, so to refill the filter I will use the inlet to save the life of the O-ring. They are rated at 125 lbs psi, so really they shouldn't leak. If mine leaks, i,ll glue the sucker shut,lol.