PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use washers?

jerryrig
07-11-2008, 06:48 PM
I got a ton of washers, bolts and nuts today. I am going for some spacing and later on some neutral stacks of bolts and washers. Who else uses them?

Stratous
07-11-2008, 07:02 PM
I used them when I was testing, but i dont use them in my actuall units.

sandman
07-16-2008, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u-J8cpcJ40

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9u-J8cpcJ40&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9u-J8cpcJ40&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JimDShendo
08-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Anyone use the "power tube" design with washers? I was thinking of trying this design for my first hy-gen.
I want to set up 2 fo these gens beside each other with an inlet and outlet for water circulation into a big tube. I'm thinking of what I can get my hands on for stainless and I want tubes for an easy circulation hookup.

Sfair74
08-13-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm currently working on building a smacks cell to start with but I really like the idea of a horizontal pvc or preferably polycarbonate cell design. Leave the washers spaced on the same nylon rod and link up several cells separated by non conductive dividers in one row then insert it in a clear tube then drill a small hole at the top and bottom of the inner tube/washer portion of the cell to eliminate wasted current to make an efficient cell. Cutting a small channel would be the easiest on the bottom side for connection tabs would be the most logical choice. This would allow several smaller cells to be run in the same electrolyte bath and allow you to run them in series or what ever combination you want. The whole unit would have to be L shaped to have an upper tube and it would have to be on a slight angle to allow the gasses to reach the tube without collecting in the upper part of the horizontal tube.

Thinking of it but I needs to finish building/installing my first cell before I start with my own design. That and working 5-6 days a week and going to college full time all year round dosen't leave a lot of time to tinker in the garage.

JonDoh
08-13-2008, 03:33 AM
Anyone use the "power tube" design with washers? I was thinking of trying this design for my first hy-gen.
I want to set up 2 fo these gens beside each other with an inlet and outlet for water circulation into a big tube. I'm thinking of what I can get my hands on for stainless and I want tubes for an easy circulation hookup.

I use the PowerTube. I built one and bought one from Ebay. Search ebay for Powertube. Works great for my son's 94 Eclipse. Very Easy to build, No prob getting SS parts & materials. Lmk, I can help with this design. My first one was the jar :rolleyes:

HHOhoper
08-30-2008, 07:16 PM
I got a ton of washers, bolts and nuts today. I am going for some spacing and later on some neutral stacks of bolts and washers. Who else uses them?

I have used the nuts and washers on several designs and never could get acceptable results with them. I've found that plates are more effective, cheaper, and easier.

countryboy18
09-07-2008, 10:02 PM
what is the configuration in the PowerTube? is it cheep to build? what is the benfit of having it sideways?

NoMoGas
10-01-2008, 04:49 AM
Like everyone, I have built many different designs to find out what works best for the best price. I have decided to go with a dry cell due to the efficiency and small size compared to any of the designs that are submersed in water. I currently have two of the W4G jars (actually modified a little) in my 97 Civic. One has the 316L wires wrapped around a plexiglass tower, and the other has 316 SS bolts and washers. These both produce exactly the same amount of gas. The problem is that to get the same amount of HHO as the dry cell I am building, I would need 6-8 of these jars and takes alot of space. I am not sure I need much more HHO than I am getting, but I want to try it out. I have gotten 61 mpg, but could not sustain due to computer taking over. I added EFIE and had a little luck, but have switched course completely. I am sure this is talked about on another post, but I added a double venture and turned off EFIE. I should have tests completed today to see if this fixes the computer problems. But this thread is about bolts and washers, so they work as good as wire but not as good as plates and not as good as plates in a dry cell design.

SpecHunter
10-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Do you have pictures of your double venture ?? I seen one being built for a honda on utube. it was a single...
I`m really interested in the venture idea ... Its tried and true and makes sense to adapt it here. (the venture carb from the 70`s)