PDA

View Full Version : HHO + Turbos... Anyone been brave enough?

admin
07-12-2008, 05:46 AM
I have recently purchased a 300ZX Twin turbo... and I have a question for you all... has anyone tried a HHO setup on a car with a turbo? I'm not sure, but I think that compressing HHO and then sending it into an engine might be dangerous...

Any ideas on this? Is it safe? Any experiences?

timetowinarace
07-12-2008, 10:38 AM
There are two of us on this forum doing it on turbo diesels. I havn't had any problems.

dennis13030
07-12-2008, 11:48 AM
I would think that it should work just as well.

mneste8718
07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
I have a WRX, and it is running fine...

jlind
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Nos is used in hi performance turbo charged engines all the time. Now that's not a great example. But it's done. These folk are after the oxigen in it to allow more fuel to be burned for more power. Not economical.

Propane is also injected into turbo charged engines. More fossil fuel.

Water injection. using a controlled amount will reduce intake tempatures and increase power. Add methinol for more power.

HHO is being successfully introduced into both gas and diesels to improve the combustion process. Inprove performance and economy and its from water! Practically free! The gas HHO is made from some of the same stuff in the air we breath just concentrated. (Don't breath HHO) Not for human consumption. I think a label on my unit would keep most people safe. :rolleyes:

Your turbo will compress it like the air it normally ingests. Detonation is not a problem in your gas engine.

In diesels the pressures are much higher and they don't have detonation issues either.

I would suggest injecting pre turbo. There is a small vacuum there. Most just place the end of the tube deep in the air box. The thinking in this placement is if the bubbler pukes water it will simply run out the air box drain. It is also easy to do. Just run the tube through the intake opening and secure. If you don't have an air box you'll need to plumb it in through a hole. Post turbo and you have to over come the pressure with a pump.

john5410deere
07-12-2008, 10:16 PM
hey i was wondering if anybody has tryed hho on a tractor with a turbo

Johnh
07-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Post turbo and you have to over come the pressure with a pump.

A pump is probably not required
The Electrolyser is quite capable of producing the pressure needed to overcome the positive pressure in the manifold. Commercial electolysers are available now to direct charge into hydrogen storage at 3000psi high pressure electrolyser (http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1991sert.rept...23M)
For HHO obviously there are some design and safety issues to address at higher pressures but we are only talking 15 to 20 PSI and it is achievable,
John

scrode
08-22-2008, 10:41 PM
I have a WRX, and it is running fine...
Fantastic ;) My friend has a wrx and is excited about my system. His only concern was the turbo. What year and what is the specs on your gen?
Your help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks alot :D

mneste8718
08-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Fantastic ;) My friend has a wrx and is excited about my system. His only concern was the turbo. What year and what is the specs on your gen?
Your help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks alot :D

welp, I recommend that he would go to wrxfanatics.com and go to engine/drivetrain section and he'll see my thread...

Btw, when I floor the car, all the water gets sucked out of the bubbler it seems but the engine never seems to sputter or anything, I wonder why this is... maybe the turbo turns it into a fine mist and the engine is happy that it has a knock suppressor in the mixture heh.

But last time I checked I got 36.28mpg on the hwy...

scrode
08-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks for replying :D. I will let him know (he's a wrx nut, and goes to any wrx site he can find heh) I told him about your car last night and he got all excited. thanks again

Scott