PDA

View Full Version : Box for Fuel Cell ?

mikestrikes
07-12-2008, 06:24 PM
LOL for some reason its getting hard to find a good box now a days....... :rolleyes:

But I like this one as it has a clear door window and SS hing...

http://www.factorymation.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3799/.f?category=16829

How much are you guys pay'n to make clear fuel cells ? I would LOVE to have one to build mine with BUT $$$

justaguy
07-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I have wore the stores and internet out looking for the right box. I think you have found it but damn...70.00 is too much for my test cell. If I get things going good for a sure thing then I might get one of those.

EDIT. Mike, I looked at that again and it said matching lid? If that is the case it wouldn't be clear. Some people are using the plastic electric boxes, works great for some designs but you can't see whats going on inside.

Stratous
07-13-2008, 04:54 PM
LOL for some reason its getting hard to find a good box now a days....... :rolleyes:

But I like this one as it has a clear door window and SS hing...

http://www.factorymation.com/s.nl/it.A/id.3799/.f?category=16829

How much are you guys pay'n to make clear fuel cells ? I would LOVE to have one to build mine with BUT $$$

I build clear cells, I think I am pretty reasonable in prices. Shoot me the size you want and features you wish it to have.

EltonBrandd
07-13-2008, 07:06 PM
I build clear cells, I think I am pretty reasonable in prices. Shoot me the size you want and features you wish it to have.

Stratous, do you have any basic pricing for your cells? I'm looking in to a more vertical enclosure, about 4x4x8. What material do you use?

Stratous
07-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Stratous, do you have any basic pricing for your cells? I'm looking in to a more vertical enclosure, about 4x4x8. What material do you use?

If you want a polycarbonate box that is 3/8" think @ 4" x4" x8", just the box with no hardware, your looking at about $65 + shipping.

A complete cell that size with 3"x7" SS plates configures as +nnn-nnn+, a removable lid, a 3/8" x3/8" hose barb, and a brass filler/drain cap. Will run about $160.

If you want a bubbler that is 2" x2" x 6" it will cost an additional $12.

Thats about as cheap as I can go.

mikestrikes
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
EDIT. Mike, I looked at that again and it said matching lid? If that is the case it wouldn't be clear. Some people are using the plastic electric boxes, works great for some designs but you can't see whats going on inside.

Well one ov'm has a clear window lid....

Stratous:
When I finaly get to building my working cell I'll sure let ya know the numbers so you can build me a clear box..

EltonBrandd
07-14-2008, 01:33 AM
If you want a polycarbonate box that is 3/8" think @ 4" x4" x8", just the box with no hardware, your looking at about $65 + shipping.

A complete cell that size with 3"x7" SS plates configures as +nnn-nnn+, a removable lid, a 3/8" x3/8" hose barb, and a brass filler/drain cap. Will run about $160.

If you want a bubbler that is 2" x2" x 6" it will cost an additional $12.

Thats about as cheap as I can go.

Thank you for the quote. I will definitely keep it in mind. I'm still wasting time and money trying to build my own. But I'm gaining valuable experience along the way.