PDA

View Full Version : How does this sound?

jerryrig
07-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Well, at first I was going for a ss pipe/tube design. But I think I am going to put that on the back burner for now.

So here is my story.......I got some stainless steel nuts, bolts and washers at fastenall by the bags for around 25 bucks.

I hooked two of the bolts up with washers being spaced by the bolts and wing nuts on the top holding it all together, I was geting some really good production, but my battery is more than likley almost dead, and I am not sure how much electrolite I was using, because I just had some random water in the garage I was doing test with. But the production was really good in the middle between the +and-, but not so great on the outside of the +and- of course. So, here is the plan.

In the future I plan on geting some really long ss threaded rod. But I think I am going to stick to the washers as "plates', for the simple reason, they are easey to obtain, easey to work with, and cheap. I have to order the plates if I go that route, or cut massive pieces of ss plating from the local scrap yard. ss mesh is not out of the quistion, I am up for anything, but I think the ss nuts, bolts and washers will again be easey to work with and easey to make a housing for. I am also wanting to use materials that are very easey to get so if my design does work, any working stiff can just go to his local hardware store and get the materials without having to order stuff. I plan on sharing all of my ideas and working designs with anyone I know, and if they can take it and improve on it, then great. This stuff should be free knowledge to anyone who wants to know. Anyhow, back to the subject at hand.

So, here I go, I think this will be my design. Two stacks of + and two stacks of - wrapped together with a n stack of washers on the indside. That is the first cell I am going for. This cell is only going to be about 2' tall, but I think it wil fly. I will zip tie them all together to where they won't be able to touch. I want to mount them in some sort of housing, I am not big on the zip tie idea just yet, but what ever works I guess. But a housing that could fit it or more would be great. What is the best material to make a square housing out of?

I am going for small, compact design with a lot of production. Later on, I think I might use ss tubeing for a housing, I figure it would act as a n plate as well. So, so far it is a -+n-+ column. But turst me, there are more ideas where that came from. This is just a start.:D

timetowinarace
07-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Fastenal also sells SS shimstock in various sizes such as 6"x6" sheets or 6"X50" rolls. Grade 304.

justaguy
07-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Jerryrig, I had thought of the same thing with washers but found out the best way to configure it to keep the amps and heat low is to use nylon bolts and connect the washers +-+-+-+- and connect the second one in series.

This took a lot of rigging and wiring so I changed my mind. I know a guy that has one like this and he is getting a tremendous amount of hho. 52 MPG on a dodge ram

Also most say using a ss canister creates too much heat. It seems a lot of people are getting different results with identical cells so you never really know until you try it. Also some say if the washers are run vertical the gas bubbles get trapped. The guy I mentioned has his horizonal using 20 2 1/2 inch washers.