PDA

View Full Version : effects decline rapidly

fts4sure
07-13-2008, 03:37 PM
I have a 94 Honda Accord 2.2. When the first test was performed. My auto
was averaging 48mpg. I performed the same test the following day. I went to the same stations. Filled up the same and traveled the same route at the same speed and my gas milage droped to 31mpg. The same test was performed the following day and the gas mialge dropped again to 26 mpg. I have no check engine lights on. The fluid level looks good bobbling action looks great. I am using a mixture of 1/4 plus 1/8th baking soda per 24 ounces of water approx a mason jar full. I performed the same tests with the same solution never changing anything. HELP!!! Whats up?

justaguy
07-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Did you mean 48 mpg before or after installing the generator? You might have a leak losing the hho gas. Did the water get a dark color with goo? If so, change the water with fresh electrolyte. If this is the case, change to KOH (potassium hydroxide) this will stay clean also produce more hho.

fts4sure
07-13-2008, 04:37 PM
48mpg after install. The misture has only been in the car for 250 miles

Stratous
07-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Sounds to me as if your ECU is compensating for the added oxygen. If so, you will have to fool your car's computer into leaning the fuel mixture out. What is the normal MPG of your car?

fts4sure
07-13-2008, 05:17 PM
I started at 27mpg. I didn't think a 94 needed to be tricked honestly. LOL shows you how much I know. What is used to trick ecu. O2 extenders?. etc.

timetowinarace
07-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Easy way to check if it's the ecu causing you problems. Disconect the battery for about a half hour and reconnect. This should reset the computer. re-do your testing of mpg's. If it does the same thing it's your ecu causing problems.

I think Stratous is correct though.

dennis13030
07-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Easy way to check if it's the ecu causing you problems. Disconect the battery for about a half hour and reconnect. This should reset the computer. re-do your testing of mpg's. If it does the same thing it's your ecu causing problems.

I think Stratous is correct though.

You see, this is one of the reasons I am glad to be part of this FORUM. This is good info.