PDA

View Full Version : generator ??s

wlf89
07-13-2008, 07:07 PM
i made an hho generator yesterday and hooked it up today and i am making bubbles and i hooked it up and i had clear hose running from the generator to my carb and i could see some bubbles going thru it is there supposed to be bubbles or just gas that i could not see? i seen where someone said to put a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to 32 oz water and mine holds about 64oz and i put 1/2 teaspoon is that enough also i read where when you hook it up you should hear your engine run a liitle faster is that correct? it is on a 69chevy truck with a 350 so they aint no problems with a o2 sensor or nothing like that i drove it out the rode for about 10 minutes and its not a bit hot i have an aquarium check valve on it should the arrow be down or up i seen a picture of one pointed up and that sucks the pipe in but if i reverse it then it lets air in while the vacum sucks it out which way is correct any help is greatly appreciated thanks alot wlf89

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/chadfowler/S6301571.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/chadfowler/S6301573.jpg

justaguy
07-13-2008, 07:41 PM
First thing, if you are talking about the valve on top of your cell, you definately don,t want the gas going out unless its through your line going to your intake. If it goes out the valve you would lose your gas.

It sounds like you have your line hooked to a vacuum line is this correct? A lot of people have found the vacuum to be too strong. Punch a hole in the large hose going to your breather and put a barbed fitting and try it there.

wlf89
07-13-2008, 10:57 PM
yes it is hooked up to the vacum i dont have a hose goin to my breather like these newer vehicles do but i could drill a hole in the top of my breather cap and let it go down there also how much baking soda do i need? i put some more in there a minute ago and it turned it brown and made more bubbles does that mean its working sense it turned brown?

Stratous
07-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Sounds like its working to me, you need to measure how much current your pulling to know if its working good enough. Do you only have stainless steel inside your generator? If not your water will turn brown alot faster. Baking soda does turn the water brown though. With one generator, you probably wont hear the engine speed up.

timetowinarace
07-14-2008, 09:46 AM
easy way to check wich way your valve works is to just blow through it. you shouldn't be able to blow through one direction.

wlf89
07-14-2008, 10:37 AM
it has 12.43 volts on the terminals and is making plenty of bubbles i going to try to figure how much its making a minute to see if its enough anyone tell me how to measure it and what it should be making?

Stratous
07-14-2008, 11:54 AM
it has 12.43 volts on the terminals and is making plenty of bubbles i going to try to figure how much its making a minute to see if its enough anyone tell me how to measure it and what it should be making?

Read this thread, it will tell you how to measure the amount of gas your producing.
http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=58&highlight=upturned
I would imagine that at 7 amps, you should see about 300ml of gas per minute with that design. I could be worng though, as I have not used that type of design.

dennis13030
07-14-2008, 12:06 PM
See the image below.

countryboy18
07-15-2008, 07:50 PM
why did you do the spiral design insted of plates i like the spiral but it looked like plates worked better. what is your view on the different configurations?

Bwanar
07-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I see a lot of problems with your generator. You can't possibly be getting a seal with that cap the way you have it. Hydrogen gas is very small and can escape through holes too small for water to get through.
You need to use an Amp meter to tell how much catalyst to use, no one can tell you unless they have the exact same unit in the same vehicle and then you would just be guessing close without a reading.
Finally you do know that baking soda in that mix is EXTREAMLY dangerous and makes a lethal gas. I would rather see you using either NaOh or KOH.

countryboy18
07-15-2008, 09:18 PM
were can i find these chemicals you speek of? will thay have any affect on the pvc pipe? dosent it burn your skin if it get on you?

Stratous
07-15-2008, 10:54 PM
You can find the chemical sodium hydroxide in a drain cleaner at lowes or home depot. Look at the active ingrediants, its called lye, sodium hydroxide or caustic soda. Yes it will burn the snot out of your skin if you touch it with wet fingers or if your sweating. No it doesnt hurt PVC at all, thats why its used in drain cleaners.

countryboy18
07-15-2008, 11:39 PM
thanks for were to buy it. it didnt know it was in drain cleans so of course it safe for pvc. wow an eye opener.

wlf89
07-15-2008, 11:55 PM
why did you do the spiral design insted of plates i like the spiral but it looked like plates worked better. what is your view on the different configurations?

this is just my first one i have ever made and i was just checking mainly to see if it would make bubbles and i am going to buy a cleanout with the screw on lid. do you think they would have a tight enough seal? i will probly also try one with plates and compare the two

countryboy18
07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
i am also waiting to find out if some one knowes for the type of cap will hold in the h2.

Stratous
07-16-2008, 10:57 PM
That cap will hold if its glued on. Are you running the unit on vacuum? or just allowing free flow into the engine?

countryboy18
07-16-2008, 11:05 PM
i am running under strong vacuum hopefull, if not i will run it into the intake pipe. would any teflon tape help seal up the threads up. or the liquid kind of teflon tape?

racer88
07-16-2008, 11:11 PM
http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/dry.html Link to buy naOH - kOH

countryboy18
07-16-2008, 11:42 PM
is there any diffrents in using Potassium Hydroxide
KOH or Sodium Hydroxide NaOH. what are the pros and cons of the chemicals?

scottyhho
07-17-2008, 01:10 AM
i bought some sodium hydroxide today from lowes. it's not in the cleaning supply isle. it's located in the plumbing repair section. it's made by robec and goes for about 7.85 a bottle. it's a yellow bottle. my water was real clean and not hot when i tried it. be careful!!! i got a tiny bit on my thumb and that stuff burns!

Stratous
07-17-2008, 07:21 AM
My thoughts are: If the lid leaks enough while the engine is running, then the vehicles computer will adjust fuel based on a sensed vacuum leak. The hho wont leak out while under vacuum, it will take the easiest path and thats deffinately through the vacuum line. Only way to find out if the lid leaks is to pressurize it while submerged in water.

countryboy18
07-17-2008, 08:34 AM
is that a good thing or a bad thing if the computer see that there is a small vacuum leak. the vacuum leak is being created not from the lid but from the production of HHO. the idle goes up with a vacuum leak. hopefull the computer will see a constant leak and reduce the fuel injected.

Stratous
07-17-2008, 10:12 AM
No actuall vacuum leaks are bad and will reduce your mpg, The production of HHO will not be sensed as a vacuum leak.