PDA

View Full Version : help please

wlf89
07-13-2008, 10:58 PM
i made an hho generator yesterday and hooked it up today and i am making bubbles and i hooked it up and i had clear hose running from the generator to my carb and i could see some bubbles going thru it is there supposed to be bubbles or just gas that i could not see? i seen where someone said to put a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to 32 oz water and mine holds about 64oz and i put 1/2 teaspoon is that enough also i read where when you hook it up you should hear your engine run a liitle faster is that correct? it is on a 69chevy truck with a 350 so they aint no problems with a o2 sensor or nothing like that i drove it out the rode for about 10 minutes and its not a bit hot i have an aquarium check valve on it should the arrow be down or up i seen a picture of one pointed up and that sucks the pipe in but if i reverse it then it lets air in while the vacum sucks it out which way is correct any help is greatly appreciated thanks alot wlf89

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/chadfowler/S6301571.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/chadfowler/S6301573.jpg

admin
07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Post this in Q&A. I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

there should be NO liquid in your tube going to the air intake. so you should not see bubbles or anything, just gas escapes.

Smith03Jetta
07-14-2008, 02:38 PM
A little condensation in the tube going to your intake is normal. If you overfilled your container, however, the bubbles or gas may force some water out the gas tube and into the hose. You should avoid this as it can damage your engine if you drop loads of water directly into your cylinders. An in-line chamber of some kind to allow water/gas separation would certainly stop the condensation or other water from reaching your intake manifold.

As for the amount of gas that will beneficial, I certainly doubt that you will be able to produce any usable amount of 2H 2O gas from a spiral wire and baking soda design. I would experiment with this if I were you and when you are happy that you know what you are doing, migrate to stainless plates and KOH or NaOH for some serious Gas production.

If you are driving a 350ci Chevy, (Love that engine by the way) I would think that you should need more than 1 liter per minute to make a dent. On the other hand, you definitely don't have the troubles that some of us have with electronics. As your 2H 2O gas production increases, you will see better and better gas mileage until it peaks at some hypothetical limit. You may need to adjust your distributor to advance your timing to take advantage of the HHO. You also may want to look into an electronic ignition system that you can tune the timing with. Those can get expensive though... Just a thought.

timetowinarace
07-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Just water going in the intake can't hurt unless you leave it in there. I've poured cup fulls of water down many engines while keeping them running with the throttle. It cleans the carbon out and is a fairly popular method for doing so. Just don't put cold water in a hot engine. I've done this several times on my 2.4 nissan. it's up to 230,000 miles. Runs great.