PDA

View Full Version : help please

wlf89
07-13-2008, 10:59 PM
i made an hho generator yesterday and hooked it up today and i am making bubbles and i hooked it up and i had clear hose running from the generator to my carb and i could see some bubbles going thru it is there supposed to be bubbles or just gas that i could not see? i seen where someone said to put a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to 32 oz water and mine holds about 64oz and i put 1/2 teaspoon is that enough also i read where when you hook it up you should hear your engine run a liitle faster is that correct? it is on a 69chevy truck with a 350 so they aint no problems with a o2 sensor or nothing like that i drove it out the rode for about 10 minutes and its not a bit hot i have an aquarium check valve on it should the arrow be down or up i seen a picture of one pointed up and that sucks the pipe in but if i reverse it then it lets air in while the vacum sucks it out which way is correct any help is greatly appreciated thanks alot wlf89

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/chadfowler/S6301571.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/chadfowler/S6301573.jpg

dennis13030
07-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Do you use a bubbler on this system?

Also, check the water/fizz level on the unit while it is running. You may have to remove a little of the water.

Also, if the unit does run cool, you may want to add a little more baking soda.

wlf89
07-13-2008, 11:33 PM
i dont have a bubbler and it does run cool and i put more in it and it turned brown is this normal? it holds about 64oz how much should i put in it to work the best

dennis13030
07-13-2008, 11:39 PM
With baking soda, the brown is normal.

If you have a current meter and measure the current while the unit is running, add small amounts of baking soda until you get about 10 amps, maybe 15 amps.

If you DO NOT have a current meter, add small amounts of baking soda and feel the container for the temperature. The more baking soda you use, the hotter the container will get. I recommend no more than 140 degrees F. About the same as a HOT bath tub(not enough to burn you).