PDA

View Full Version : Well blew something up- pretty exciting

howtomakeitwork
07-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Hey guys, we made a new set up tonight(new to us) with stainless wall plates.
We were lighting the big bubbles we were producing, and my dad got too close with the fire and it went up the tube and the whole set up blew up. made a loud noise and flash. It was pretty awesome, I regret not catching it on video as we had planned on doing!
Just thought I would share. It's always exciting when you get one stop closer in progress!!!

(I guess I should specify what we were doing- our plates/airtight jar set up was connected to a battery that was plugged into the wall.... tub going from set up to bowl of water, just to test to see if it was working- thats what blew up:)

BigTruck
07-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Sounds like it time to add that bubbler.

howtomakeitwork
07-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Sounds like it time to add that bubbler.

Our thought exactly!!!!

Oh btw- we changed to these airtight plastic container's from walmart, work awesome. I'll post some picture of the new set up soon!;)

BigTruck
07-14-2008, 09:52 AM
We need to find a good small inline flash suppressor to use instead of a bubbler. Bubblers are bulky. I have seen several home-made ones online. Some were made of fine steel wool or filters. Just something that will stop the flash but still let the hydrogen through.

The beauty of the bubbler is we know it works. Let me know if anyone finds a better solution.

BigTruck
07-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Hey I would like to see that airtight plastic container. Is it clear by any chance. I've ordered some thick acrylic plastic from WW Grainger because I want a clear container that can take the heat. The acrlylic will take up to 180 degrees. The thick stuff is not cheap though.

howtomakeitwork
07-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Hey I would like to see that airtight plastic container. Is it clear by any chance. I've ordered some thick acrylic plastic from WW Grai:)nger because I want a clear container that can take the heat. The acrlylic will take up to 180 degrees. The thick stuff is not cheap though.

Im sorry I have not posted that Air tight picture- been outta town,,,, will get to it on monday :)