PDA

View Full Version : water/gas holes

ghostbuster
05-13-2009, 07:20 AM
i want to make a 6x6 cell with 21 plates, but i dont know how i make the holes for the water entry and gas out, what are the beter?

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1598/plates.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plates.jpg)

Roland Jacques
05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
your top photo is the most common and works well,

protecheqp
05-13-2009, 11:13 PM
as the photo shows the holes are extremely limited to exhaust gases (HHO) and for 21 plates you just compound the effect, gas builds up at top of cell and limits production as electrolyte has no place to contact plates ( wet cell guy here ) best is to have 2 exit ports and pump to flood cell plates 2 bubblers with return to reservoir,

I make no doubts that wet cells are better .......and still there is no proof that dry cells are the way to go .
a wet cell with heavy gauge and rounded edges all around will kick the chit out of any dry cell with same surface area .....

and this is without a pump the deeper you place a wet cell in a container the better it works ...lol test me must have something to do with water weight ........but you cant beat a pump

Roland Jacques
05-14-2009, 10:59 AM
as the photo shows the holes are extremely limited to exhaust gases (HHO) and for 21 plates you just compound the effect, gas builds up at top of cell and limits production as electrolyte has no place to contact plates ( wet cell guy here ) best is to have 2 exit ports and pump to flood cell plates 2 bubblers with return to reservoir,

I make no doubts that wet cells are better .......and still there is no proof that dry cells are the way to go .
a wet cell with heavy gauge and rounded edges all around will kick the chit out of any dry cell with same surface area .....

and this is without a pump the deeper you place a wet cell in a container the better it works ...lol test me must have something to do with water weight ........but you cant beat a pump

The proof is easy, it is a unit of measurement call MMW Milliliter/ minute/per watt. Which one has the higher MMW period.

So far the best Ive seen is dry cells.
Although one wet cell seems to have some promise still testing