PDA

View Full Version : Anyone thought about semi-trucks?

howtomakeitwork
07-14-2008, 09:47 AM
So, in my efforts of talking to everyone I can about this- in hopes that someone may have something helpful to say.... I was talking with this customer at work and he was telling me that he owns a business and that around town his semi-trucks are getting 3/5 MPG and that if there was an hho system for trucks he would pay big money for that.
Now my reaction was- I am way too new at this to be trying it on someone else's means of living! But my question here is, has anyone thought about making one for a large truck like that? Is it even possible?:confused:

Stratous
07-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Yes, there are several companies out there that make them for big trucks. I could make one for a big rig if I chose to, just havent had opportunity yet.

timetowinarace
07-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Why not? they are just bigger IC engines. That equals more production needed. And that equall more units needed. Space shouldn't be a problem. Soooo...........

I would use an automotive inverter, 110V-150V AC. Put a diode bridge behind it to convert it back to DC. Now you have lots of volts but the same current capacity. make a bunch of identical electrolyzers and wire them in series so it drops the voltage across each one to less than 5V. The current remains constant in each one depending on electrolyte solution. If each unit produces 1LPM and there are 50 units then you have 50LPM total.

This cannot be done in an open bath design. Too much current leakage will occur. However, there are options to make it compact.

dbt94pete
04-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Am looking to install a system on my 475 Cat, have issues with freezing temps here in the mountains, anyone out there have info or someone to contact that could help me?
Response would be much appreciated

peepoweredcar
05-14-2010, 08:07 AM
and the electronics? anything needed to fool the comp?