PDA

View Full Version : Mileage and Mixture

fts4sure
07-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I have a 94 accord 2.2L. My maximum mileage with no modifications is 48MPG. Now the car is compensating and milage has dropped to 31mpg.
Instead of installing more gagets to trick the computer. Could I try adjusting my mixture? I could improve the milage without tricking the ECU? I could live with 40MPG instead of 48MPG with no modifications.

Stratous
07-14-2008, 10:06 AM
I have a 94 accord 2.2L. My maximum mileage with no modifications is 48MPG. Now the car is compensating and milage has dropped to 31mpg.
Instead of installing more gagets to trick the computer. Could I try adjusting my mixture? I could improve the milage without tricking the ECU? I could live with 40MPG instead of 48MPG with no modifications.

If you have the ability to adjust your fuel mixture, then that would be the best way to go. Just dont lean out the fuel too much or you could damage your engine. You could also unhook your battery for a little while which will cause the computer to reset.

timetowinarace
07-14-2008, 10:59 AM
How much HHO are you producing?

You might try reducing the amps/output of your unit. Restet the computer as Stratous suggested and start with very low production and measure mileage. Gradually increase production untill you see a decline then go back to the previous amperage.

I personally feel this proccess should be used on all first installs on a vehicle. I've been reading to many posts of people bench testing till they get a decent output, then throwing it on their car only to spend another month spending time and money trying to make it work.

gheuett
07-14-2008, 12:36 PM
I had a question related to the influence of the computer. If your computer had already compensated for the HHO would an Air/Fuel mix gauge show that the mix was rich or would it show that it was normal? I'm a bit fuzzy in that area. I'm thinking that the process is this - HHO is introduced: the O2 Sensor reads that the mix is lean; the computer cycles through enough to finally compensate and bring it back to the "normal" range but in the process it is adding gas that is not necessary.

If this is the correct scenario then, an air/fuel mix gauge would be useful in telling you when the computer has reacted. It would show lean after the HHO is introduced and normal when the computer has taken over.

Is that a reasonably correct assessment? If so, an air/fuel gauge might be useful in determining if/when the computer takes over. Doing it with frequent mileage calculations might be difficult especially if your driving patterns vary.

Thanks!
Gib

Stratous
07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
I had a question related to the influence of the computer. If your computer had already compensated for the HHO would an Air/Fuel mix gauge show that the mix was rich or would it show that it was normal? I'm a bit fuzzy in that area. I'm thinking that the process is this - HHO is introduced: the O2 Sensor reads that the mix is lean; the computer cycles through enough to finally compensate and bring it back to the "normal" range but in the process it is adding gas that is not necessary.

If this is the correct scenario then, an air/fuel mix gauge would be useful in telling you when the computer has reacted. It would show lean after the HHO is introduced and normal when the computer has taken over.

Is that a reasonably correct assessment? If so, an air/fuel gauge might be useful in determining if/when the computer takes over. Doing it with frequent mileage calculations might be difficult especially if your driving patterns vary.

Thanks!
Gib

It would be nice to be able to watch the computers reaction just after installation. It would be good information to know exacatally what the ECU was doing to correct the "lean" condition it senses.