PDA

View Full Version : LM317T MAP/MAF Enhancer

cmac0351
05-15-2009, 10:25 AM
I have just read about this type of enhancer for the first time. I didn't realize that there was a type other than the water4gas style.

I have read on another forum that this one is better than the other version. This one hooks up to the wire that sends 5v to the sensor (vref) and changes the voltage to the sensor, not the output that goes to the ECU

Has anyone built one of these or had success using this enhancer?
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/img/doc/map_sensor_handler.jpg

hydrotinkerer
05-15-2009, 11:47 AM
That is the kind of Map adjuster I built. It does make a big difference on my 94 Camry. I had mine adjusted up to 6v and got a ck engine light. I turned it down to 5.5 to 5.65 and the light stayed out.
If you build this one get a high quality pot so you get the full range of adjustment.

cmac0351
05-15-2009, 03:18 PM
I thought you were supposed to turn this voltage DOWN in order to lean the fuel.

That is the kind of Map adjuster I built. It does make a big difference on my 94 Camry. I had mine adjusted up to 6v and got a ck engine light. I turned it down to 5.5 to 5.65 and the light stayed out.
If you build this one get a high quality pot so you get the full range of adjustment.

hydrotinkerer
05-18-2009, 09:48 AM
I thought you were supposed to turn this voltage DOWN in order to lean the fuel.

Well that is what I thought but when I turned the ref voltage down my mpg tanked and when I turned it up it came back. The old Camry done went to retirement so I'll find something else to experiment on.