PDA

View Full Version : Map sensor adjustments on Diesals?

Bwanar
07-14-2008, 12:24 PM
OK...got my map sensor installed on my truck. The enhancer seems to be operating properly but doesn't seem to effect the idle. Normally reading @.6. I can adjust it down to 0 and it doesn't change the idle at all. Anyone know if this is just a charactoristic of diesels? FYI this is a 1999 F250 w/7.3 TD. Thanks in advance for your help!

Stratous
07-14-2008, 02:55 PM
OK...got my map sensor installed on my truck. The enhancer seems to be operating properly but doesn't seem to effect the idle. Normally reading @.6. I can adjust it down to 0 and it doesn't change the idle at all. Anyone know if this is just a charactoristic of diesels? FYI this is a 1999 F250 w/7.3 TD. Thanks in advance for your help!

Just so you know we are not ignoring you. I have a diesil truck as well, but have not had to make adjustments to the motor or sensors. So, I dont have the required information your asking for.

Bwanar
07-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Figured knowone with the info had read this yet. Do you not have a MAP or MAF sensor? I was told that if these were present, you had to have an enhancer otherwise the computer (ECU) would detect a lean mix with addition of the HHO and actually dump more fuel.

Stratous
07-14-2008, 04:45 PM
I have a maf, but have not adjusted anything on my truck. You can try the gen w/o making any adjustments as I have. I recieved 7 mpg increase on my dodge.