PDA

View Full Version : MAP MAF Questions

Jamie
05-21-2009, 04:05 AM
Hey everyone, I’m new to the whole controlling the computer part of things, and i have a few questions.
1. What is the difference between controlling what the computer dose with an EFIE, or with a MAP/MAF enhancer?
2. Do you need to control the signal from all three? (If you have them) or will only one suffice?
3. Witch is the most efficient way of telling your computer what to do?
4. Are there any other possibly better way of making sure that your fuel consumption dose in fact go down instead of up when adding supplementary hydrogen to your engine?

Thanks everyone

Jamie

mytoyotasucks
05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Hey everyone, I’m new to the whole controlling the computer part of things, and i have a few questions.
1. What is the difference between controlling what the computer dose with an EFIE, or with a MAP/MAF enhancer?
2. Do you need to control the signal from all three? (If you have them) or will only one suffice?
3. Witch is the most efficient way of telling your computer what to do?
4. Are there any other possibly better way of making sure that your fuel consumption dose in fact go down instead of up when adding supplementary hydrogen to your engine?

Thanks everyone

Jamie

1 - don't know about all three, but O2 and Map for sure, and depends on year, pre OBDII only needs Map (my experience), OBDII needs O2 and Map.

2 - on OBDII and later need to adjust multiple sensors otherwise the puter might reject just one.

4 - Ya u can read sensor data from the OBDII port with a laptop.

Jamie
05-26-2009, 04:03 AM
For starters, Thank you very much for you answers :)

after much more research and some very helpful guys at fullsizedbronco.com
i now know that i have a single o2 sensor witch i knew about and a MAP sensor. But i still have one question remaining.

1. is the OBDII system the computer that the signal from my o2 sensor and MAP sensor go to? or is it a separate system all together?

Btw, I have a 5.0L v8 (302 ci) Full size Ford Bronco XLT

mytoyotasucks
05-26-2009, 10:56 AM
For starters, Thank you very much for you answers :)

after much more research and some very helpful guys at fullsizedbronco.com
i now know that i have a single o2 sensor witch i knew about and a MAP sensor. But i still have one question remaining.

1. is the OBDII system the computer that the signal from my o2 sensor and MAP sensor go to? or is it a separate system all together?

Btw, I have a 5.0L v8 (302 ci) Full size Ford Bronco XLT

the OBDII is the computer that controls the fuel injection.
And yes all the sensors go to it. OBDII is for 1996 vehicles and up.

Im guessing that ur bronco is pre-1996.

Jamie
05-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Yeah its a 1989, I know i have a MAP sensor, and a single o2 sensor. I was planning on hooking into my MAP sensor simply because i have a MAP sensor enhancer at gives me more control over the signal at different speeds and conditions, opposed to an EFIE controller i could get.

So just to be blatantly clear. I need to adjust the signal from my map sensor by tying into the signal wire that goes to the computer inside my truck. The Computer itself is a simple preprogrammed data table that reads data from the map sensor, o2 sensor and uses speed density fuel injection to determine the right amount of gas to put in the chamber. NOT A MAF SENSOR OR OBDII. as for my o2 sensor i can leave it untouched.

Dose that sounds like the right idea/setup?

Once again thankyou very much for your help :D

mytoyotasucks
05-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah its a 1989, I know i have a MAP sensor, and a single o2 sensor. I was planning on hooking into my MAP sensor simply because i have a MAP sensor enhancer at gives me more control over the signal at different speeds and conditions, opposed to an EFIE controller i could get.

So just to be blatantly clear. I need to adjust the signal from my map sensor by tying into the signal wire that goes to the computer inside my truck. The Computer itself is a simple preprogrammed data table that reads data from the map sensor, o2 sensor and uses speed density fuel injection to determine the right amount of gas to put in the chamber. NOT A MAF SENSOR OR OBDII. as for my o2 sensor i can leave it untouched.

Dose that sounds like the right idea/setup?

Once again thankyou very much for your help :D

Yes, and remember to adjust the Map enhancer slowly, other wise it could through a code.