PDA

View Full Version : Just for thought

Scooter
07-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Hello,
Just a few questions with regards to the LPM and engine size. I have a chevy 2500 with the 6 litre V8. If I understand you correctly, I would need to produce about 4-6 litres of hydroxy to get a great deal of improvement. How is that flow controlled will sitting at a stoplight? Does the VMU control the output at all or not? I must say that thing does look awsome. Could you use that on a system with 3 or 4 units? I am really wanting to do this, I own a truck I will not drive at 13 miles to the gallon. even if I got 20-24 I would be happy. I did talk to someone who said that it is possibe to make too much hydroxy and it will actually hurt gas mileage, is this true. I have access to stainless tubing. Are stainless systems better than PVC? Could you use some form of a air filter to keep steam and water out of your intake air? What about driving on a bumpy road or going off road. Will the system blow up or go bad? Sorry for rambling I just have so many questions I can't find answers for.

Jeff

Stratous
07-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Hello,
Just a few questions with regards to the LPM and engine size. I have a chevy 2500 with the 6 litre V8. If I understand you correctly, I would need to produce about 4-6 litres of hydroxy to get a great deal of improvement. How is that flow controlled will sitting at a stoplight? Does the VMU control the output at all or not? I must say that thing does look awsome. Could you use that on a system with 3 or 4 units? I am really wanting to do this, I own a truck I will not drive at 13 miles to the gallon. even if I got 20-24 I would be happy. I did talk to someone who said that it is possibe to make too much hydroxy and it will actually hurt gas mileage, is this true. I have access to stainless tubing. Are stainless systems better than PVC? Could you use some form of a air filter to keep steam and water out of your intake air? What about driving on a bumpy road or going off road. Will the system blow up or go bad? Sorry for rambling I just have so many questions I can't find answers for.

Jeff

I dont know where you got the information that you need 4 to 6 liters per minute, but that is false. I have a 5.9 liter with 1.5 LPM and recieved 7mpg gain. Stainless steel is used for the electrodes although, you could use stainless pipe casing as the negative electrode if you wanted. Your system shouldnt get hot enough to form steam and water will not hurt your engine unless your putting alot in. Driving on bumpy roads wont hurt your system normally.

Scooter
07-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for your reply. When researching this you read a lot of different things. I am trying to make sense of it all. Thanks again. Are you still tinkering to try and get more MPG's?

Jeff

Stratous
07-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks for your reply. When researching this you read a lot of different things. I am trying to make sense of it all. Thanks again. Are you still tinkering to try and get more MPG's?

Jeff

Yea, I am still tinkering. I know how to get more, just a matter of time and money. I have been busy building units for other people instead of myself. I built 4 of them in the last 10 days.

cougar gt-e
07-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Yea, I am still tinkering. I know how to get more, just a matter of time and money. I have been busy building units for other people instead of myself. I built 4 of them in the last 10 days.

SO, is it a big secret or what? Spill the beans!

packer fan

Stratous
07-14-2008, 11:01 PM
No, its no big secret. I have a 5.9 liter engine. I need more HHO for one, and I need to seperate the oxygen from the hydrogen before injection.

countryboy18
07-14-2008, 11:28 PM
what the the designs on you popular cell. can we know what makes your cell so great so i can make one to?

Stratous
07-14-2008, 11:32 PM
2 cells seperated by polycarbonate configured as +nn-nn+ with stainless steel plating at .03" thick. Spacing is 1/16" between plates. Plates are 3" x 7". Enclosure is made of polycarbonate plastic at 3/8" thick. Size is 8"x8"x12" approx. That should get you started. There are pictures here: http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=216
The one I am currently using in my vehicle is found here. http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=40

I have a youtube video of the cell in operation here: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzQ566PJXw

cougar gt-e
07-15-2008, 10:22 AM
No, its no big secret. I have a 5.9 liter engine. I need more HHO for one, and I need to separate the oxygen from the hydrogen before injection.

How much more gas is needed and what estimated impact will it give?

With the designs like +NNN-NNN+, how will you be able to separate the H's from the O's? As I understand it (as they say could be smoking crack- please correct as needed), one side of a N plate will make H2 and the other side will make O2 as the voltage potential is relative to the next plate.

What economy improvement would you expect from separate gas flows? Would you still use both gasses? Dump the O2? Dump the H2? Lot's of questions are in my wee brain as this is the first time I've noted that separate gas flows would improve combustion.

packer fan

timetowinarace
07-15-2008, 12:33 PM
No, its no big secret. I have a 5.9 liter engine. I need more HHO for one, and I need to seperate the oxygen from the hydrogen before injection.

What's the thought behind seperating the gas.

Smith03Jetta
07-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Here's a thought. Reducing the oxygen would help eliminate the need for manipulating the O2 Sensor circuits. I do think that this would increase the emissions, however because the Hydrogen could not re-combine with the oxygen to make water during the combustion cycle. You could be producing more hydro-(Something Else) based emissions instead of H2O emissions in my opinion.

Painless
07-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Here's a thought. Reducing the oxygen would help eliminate the need for manipulating the O2 Sensor circuits. I do think that this would increase the emissions, however because the Hydrogen could not re-combine with the oxygen to make water during the combustion cycle. You could be producing more hydro-(Something Else) based emissions instead of H2O emissions in my opinion.

Wouldn't the hydrogen simply bond with the oxygen in the air that is being brought in through the air filter?