PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen Separator??

Atechguy
07-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Another Question is there any cheap way to separate the oxygen from the hydrogen so we don't have to use 02 efies??:cool:

Stratous
07-14-2008, 10:48 PM
There is a way. The cheapest way I know of is to place a non conductive seperator between the positive and negative electrodes that extend from just above the top of the electrodes to the top of the container. The positive side will have the oxygen and the neg side the hydrogen.

dennis13030
07-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Another Question is there any cheap way to separate the oxygen from the hydrogen so we don't have to use 02 efies??:cool:

Have you ever seen this?

Atechguy
07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Okay thats cool what if you have cell that is sealed ? Is there any other way?? Thanks Stratous.:( Ohh thanks Dennis , no i haven't seen one of those, I wonder if their is a way to do it inside a bubbler.??

Stratous
07-14-2008, 11:00 PM
supposedly there is a way to filter the o2 with a diaphragm, but other than that I dont know.

dennis13030
07-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Okay thats cool what if you have cell that is sealed ? Is there any other way?? Thanks Stratous.:( Ohh thanks Dennis , no i haven't seen one of those, I wonder if their is a way to do it inside a bubbler.??

By the time the gasses make it to the bubbler, they are mixed well. The only way I know of is like the pix shows. It requires more space between the plates and ducting above each plate that extends below the electrolyte level.

Stratous
07-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Basically, the technology is beyond my capabilities, but they use a diaphram that is basically a filter that can seperate the o2 and h2. That is how honda and GM have set up their water car.

timetowinarace
07-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Electromagnets. A tried and true method.

It's in here somewhere.http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapt10.html

slimk
07-21-2008, 02:07 PM
why does the ducting need to be slightly above the plates, would it work the same or better if it was level with the plates or even below slightly?

how much space between the seperate tubes/plates are needed? could they be like 4-6 inches apart and still work with a decent electrolyzer? would it boost performance if in that middle ducting i had a few neutral plates stuck in there?

speaking of electrolyzers im new to this and dont have any yet, what is the best product for being the safest/most efficent out there? where would i get KOH? if vingear is used in large amounts would it work just as well?

dennis13030
07-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Q1. Why does the ducting need to be slightly above the plates, would it work the same or better if it was level with the plates or even below slightly?
A1. Oxygen bubbles off of the positive charged plate. hydrogen bubbles off of the negative charged plate. The bubbles rise where they can be collected and channeled(ducted). If the two plate were very close to each other, how could we keep the two gases separate? One way is to use a membrane(a separator between the two plates that current to pass but not gases).

Q2. How much space between the seperate tubes/plates are needed?
A2. I don't know. However, a close visual inspection of the bubbles rising should help to determine this.

Q3. Could they be like 4-6 inches apart and still work with a decent electrolyzer?
A3. I don't know this.

Q4. Would it boost performance if in that middle ducting i had a few neutral plates stuck in there?
A4. No. The charge on neutral plates are both positive and negative.

Q5. Speaking of electrolyzers, I'm new to this and dont have any yet, what is the best product for being the safest/most efficent out there?
A5. I would recommend the Smackbooster. Smackbooster .com

Q6. Where would i get KOH?
A6. This is available at many local stores. http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=brands&id=16010001

Q7. If vingear is used in large amounts would it work just as well?
A7. No, KOH really is the best chemical for electrolyzers.

slimk
07-21-2008, 06:49 PM
thank you for answering all my questions!

a few more:

Q: What sort of membrane could be used to let water pass through it but not gas, and is it easily optainable?

Q:KOH seems dangerous, whats the worst that has happened to someone using it for HHO, when they encountered a meltdown or explosion?

Q:what ratio should you use to each litre of distilled water?

Q:is all/most brand name drain cleaner useable, or does it need to be pure KOH, and if brand name ones are useable which ones are the best?

thanks in advance

dennis13030
07-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Q1: What sort of membrane could be used to let water pass through it but not gas, and is it easily optainable?
A1. I don't really know. I might guess a layer of thin plastic that have many fine holes in it. Small enough holes to allow electrons to pass and too small for bubbles to pass.

Q2:KOH seems dangerous, whats the worst that has happened to someone using it for HHO, when they encountered a meltdown or explosion?
A2. KOH is caustic and toxic. It would be mixed with water in a high ratio 1000:1. If you encountered a meltdown or explosion, the KOH would want to slowly rust exposed metals that were contacted.

Q3: What ratio should you use to each liter of distilled water?
A3. Start with maybe 1/ teaspoon. Run the unit for an hour and check the temperature/current/gas production. Adding any chemical increases the temperature, current and gas production. If you need a little more temperature, current or gas production, add a little more. Just make sure that the chemical is mixed up well with the water.

Q4: Is all/most brand name drain cleaner useable, or does it need to be pure KOH, and if brand name ones are useable which ones are the best?
A4. Not all drain cleaners have potassium hydroxide(KOH). It does not have to be pure KOH. All non-insulating materials added to the water will increases the temperature, current and gas production by lowering the resistance of the mix. I like this choice "Pequa Heavy Duty Drain Opener" because it come as a liquid, it's fairly cheap and its readily available at stores. http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=brands&id=16010001

artnesmith
06-05-2011, 08:34 AM
The information you need including materials here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/vipond50?feature=mhum#p/u/7/ZJeFk2gaRZE

This guy will respond to your inquiries and provide you with free plans (hopefully). He provided us with free plans/information to build the separator cell. Good luck.

Roland Jacques
06-05-2011, 05:40 PM
thank you for answering all my questions!

a few more:

Q: What sort of membrane could be used to let water pass through it but not gas, and is it easily optainable?

A. Take apart a old battery inside you will find many PEM's, know bubble will pass through them. Personally i don't see any point in separating the gas.

Q:KOH seems dangerous, whats the worst that has happened to someone using it for HHO, when they encountered a meltdown or explosion?

A. Someone COULD get Burned beyond recognition (If they did not rinse it off), blinded...

Q:what ratio should you use to each litre of distilled water?

A. i agree with artnesmith

Q:is all/most brand name drain cleaner useable, or does it need to be pure KOH, and if brand name ones are useable which ones are the best?

A; I dont know of any drain cleaners that is KOH. The drain cleaner i know of are Sodium hydroxide (NaOH)

Amyang
09-15-2011, 02:06 AM
Great minds think alike
-------------------------------------------
coach outlet (http://www.coachoutletreviews.com)
Coach Handbags (http://www.coachhandbagsreviews.net)
Coach outlet factory (http://www.coachfactoryoutletstorereviews.com)

koya1893
09-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Who let this guy in?