PDA

View Full Version : some tips please

countryboy18
07-14-2008, 11:19 PM
i am some what new to the HHO scene so some tips will go along way. i am planing on making a new cell for my honda civic. i also then plan to move up in size and make one for my shop to make a torch. what i am asking for is what workes for you and the plans that you used. i am open to any ideas. i hope you can help me in the decision making i have to do!

Stratous
07-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Alot of people use the "smack's" design. I personally created my own cell. There are pictures of it posted here: http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=40

Its not design plans, but it will give you an idea of where to start. They are pretty simple to build for the most part.

countryboy18
07-14-2008, 11:50 PM
what is the wireing one the 4 cells banks? thanks for the fast response.
i plan on connecting the gas outlet port to the manifold vacume port that connects to the master cylender brake booster. and do i need to make a cooling system if i copy you plans?

Smith03Jetta
07-15-2008, 08:56 AM
The Water for Gas website says NEVER attach the HHO device to the same vacuum tube as the brake master cylinder. I'm sure there's a safety issue... I haven't looked into it. Just thought I would mention it.

Stratous
07-15-2008, 09:02 AM
what is the wireing one the 4 cells banks? thanks for the fast response.
i plan on connecting the gas outlet port to the manifold vacume port that connects to the master cylender brake booster. and do i need to make a cooling system if i copy you plans?

I dont recommend that you copy the cell, I just referenced the thread to give pointers. Four cells inside that one container is to much, 2 would be better. If you do decide to copy my original design, then you do need a cooling solution. Dont hook into your brake booster if possible, because if you develope a vacuum leak, then you will also loose your brake assist.

countryboy18
07-15-2008, 10:20 AM
i was going to connect it to that vacume port beacuse it has alot of vacume so the HHO would go right from the cell right into to the intake manifold. also how is your cells wired what is the plate configuration? and what is the most productive arangement of the plates?

Stratous
07-15-2008, 01:51 PM
i was going to connect it to that vacume port beacuse it has alot of vacume so the HHO would go right from the cell right into to the intake manifold. also how is your cells wired what is the plate configuration? and what is the most productive arangement of the plates?

Its ok to run the cell on vacuum, just not the breake booster vacuum. My cell is wired as two pairs wired in parallel. Those two pairs are wired in series. The plate setup is +--+ if I remember correctly. The most productive arrangement is straight positive and negative plates, but its also the hottest arrangement. Most of us use plates that are not directly wired into the circuit to help step the voltage down across the cell. We generally call those Neutral plates, thought they are not neutral.

countryboy18
07-15-2008, 07:31 PM
ok thanks for the help. but another question comes to my mind. what type of container should i use. i was planing on make a tube from 4" pvc and cap one end and have a screwed cap on the other. so that it will hold the vacume better. unless somebody knowes of a better container to use i am still planing on attaching the gass outlet to the master cylender break booster vacuum line it is 3/8 so it has alot of vacume presure. i alos thing that the amout of vacuum will reduce my chance of a flashback.

Stratous
07-15-2008, 10:47 PM
ok thanks for the help. but another question comes to my mind. what type of container should i use. i was planing on make a tube from 4" pvc and cap one end and have a screwed cap on the other. so that it will hold the vacume better. unless somebody knowes of a better container to use i am still planing on attaching the gass outlet to the master cylender break booster vacuum line it is 3/8 so it has alot of vacume presure. i alos thing that the amout of vacuum will reduce my chance of a flashback.

Are you running a diesel? If so, diesel engines dont create vacuum, they use a vacuum pump attached to the engine. If your running a diesel, then your best bet is to run the hydrogen hose into the air cleaner box.

countryboy18
07-15-2008, 11:26 PM
no sorry i didnt say earler i have a 1992 honda civic lx 4 banger