PDA

View Full Version : bubbler

wlf89
07-15-2008, 12:54 AM
can someone explain how a bubbler work and how to make one

countryboy18
07-15-2008, 01:07 AM
the bubbler take the HHO comming out of the cell and the gass is passed through a column of water. the reason for the bubbler to is to act as a safty devise to prevent a flashback. it is a very easy thing to build it can be made of anything that can hold water and have a airtight cover. the hho gass comes out of the cell and passes into the bubbler tube that goes under the water the gass comes out of the tube under the water and then it is tubed to were ever you want the gass. hope this helps and you under stand it.

here is a link to a good viedo. it is not me it is a good job to who ever did it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIP86hlLjGk&feature=related

dennis13030
07-15-2008, 10:20 AM
The bubbler also provides some filtering the gasses.

The pop-off lid is a good idea to. It's sort of an emergency pressure release valve.

wlf89
07-16-2008, 01:49 AM
what keeps the water from the bubbler goin in to the generator

dennis13030
07-16-2008, 02:11 AM
what keeps the water from the bubbler goin in to the generator

If there are leaks in the electrolyzer and there is back pressure on the output of the bubbler, the water in the bubbler will move into the electrolyzer.

Neither of these conditions should happen. You do not want any leaks in your system. The output from the bubbler should be routed to the intake on the vehicle(which is in a vacuum, no positive pressure).

daveczrn
07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Hey dennis I have a theory on bubbler efficiency.

Using a a tube that has multiple small holes so that the bubbles rising to the top of the bubbler are smaller should remove more contaminents from the HHO right? as opposed to a large bubble that has room for HHO to not touch the water. as well with the smaller holes it should help the backfire situation as well because its harder to push back through smaller holes than a larger one.

what do you think?

countryboy18
07-16-2008, 01:22 PM
yes it would be less presure if it backfires but by having smaller holes then it takes more presure to make the bubbles come out of the generator you are reducing the diamater of the outlet so there is more friction loss. it like blowing through a coffee straw vs. a 1 inch pvc pipe. backfire is not a big problem in my mind. it is more of a reality if you are making a hho torch.

daveczrn
07-16-2008, 01:41 PM
yes it would be less presure if it backfires but by having smaller holes then it takes more presure to make the bubbles come out of the generator you are reducing the diamater of the outlet so there is more friction loss. it like blowing through a coffee straw vs. a 1 inch pvc pipe. backfire is not a big problem in my mind. it is more of a reality if you are making a hho torch.

I guess i should have added something in there. I'm not looking for 1 tiny hole. I'm looking at multiple small holes that will flow the same amount of air into the system. If done right you will make it easier for the air to flow into the bubbler and harder to return to the generator. thus making it a better design.

countryboy18
07-16-2008, 02:56 PM
ok then i guess then it will be fine to do that. another thing you can add is a one way valve from the generator and the bubbler.

dennis13030
07-16-2008, 03:45 PM
It's great that you guys are thinking about this stuff. I'm still concentrating on the basics.

countryboy18
07-16-2008, 03:47 PM
this place is like a shoping center just look around and take what you want and ask questions to every one.