PDA

View Full Version : Low Voltage High Amps

Aximili
07-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Has Anyone experimented with 1.24V at very high amps? If 1.24 produces no heat would'nt it make sense to 1000 amps at low voltage to produce more gas? I know it would be difficult in a car, but that does not mean impossible. -Axi

dennis13030
07-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Heat follows the current. You could have 50,000V and only 10uAmps, there would be very low heat.

Aximili
07-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Well doesnt that just make sense... Sometimes I feel silly for the things I say. But thank you.

dennis13030
07-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Please do not feel discouraged. I was thinking about this same idea some time ago. It still may be the way to go.

Consider the following;
1. An electrolyzer contains parts and maybe some adhesives. Most or all of the parts have temperature limitations.
2. Find out what these temperature limitations are.
3. Set the temperature of the electrolyzer to a value below that limit. More on this later.
4. Select an electrolyzer design that uses neutral plates.

If you intend to put the electrolyzer in a vehicle, the source voltage is 12V DC.

If you had only two plates(anode & cathode) in the electrolyzer, then your plate-to-plate voltage is 12V. This configuration is designated as +-. 2 plates = 1 cell.

If you had three plates(anode & neutral cathode) in the electrolyzer, then your plate-to-plate voltage is 6V. This configuration is designated as +N-. 3 plates = 2 cells.

If you had four plates(anode & neutral & neutral & cathode) in the electrolyzer, then your plate-to-plate voltage is 4V. This configuration is designated as +NN-. 4 plates = 3 cells.

If you had five plates(anode & neutral & neutral & neutral & cathode) in the electrolyzer, then your plate-to-plate voltage is 3V. This configuration is designated as +NNN-. 5 plates = 4 cells.

The number of cells is normally 1 less than the number plates. The plate-to-plate voltage is the source voltage(12V) divided by the number of cells.

By adding neutral plates, you can bring down the plate-to-plate voltage(aka cell voltage). Plate-to-plate voltages in the range of 1.3V to 2.0V seem to be pretty good and heat limiting.

Setting the electrolyzer temperature can be done a number of ways.
1. You could just add neutral plates to "dial down" the temperature.
2. You could add chemicals to the water to "dial up" the temperature.
3. You could use some active or passive heating/cooling system.

Smith03Jetta
07-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Dennis, Take a look at my plates designs on my thread. Based on your neutral plate understanding, how many volts is my cell running? Hooked up to regular car battery...

dennis13030
07-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Dennis, Take a look at my plates designs on my thread. Based on your neutral plate understanding, how many volts is my cell running? Hooked up to regular car battery...

I don't know what thread you are referring to.