PDA

View Full Version : Producing steam and using alot of water??? Y

HHOturbohonda
07-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Hi iam new to this i have some sucess on some vehicle but on saturns and kias i have problems. Why is that i am producing steam out of my unit. it take 3 TSP for me get to 20amps on 5 plate design -n+n- is therew a problem with my plate config or am i using to much baking soda.. I am really stomped and dont know what to do. I am using homedepot switch plates which work pretty good... PLease can someone help me. give me some pointers I would greatly appreciate it. I know im doing something right cause my water is not getting dirty that quickly anymore witht he red sludge. Hradly any at all...

dennis13030
07-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Consider the following;
1. An electrolyzer contains parts and maybe some adhesives. Most or all of the parts have temperature limitations.
2. Find out what these temperature limitations are.
3. Set the temperature of the electrolyzer to a value below that limit. More on this later.
4. Select an electrolyzer design that uses neutral plates.

If you intend to put the electrolyzer in a vehicle, the source voltage is 12V DC.

If you had only two plates(anode & cathode) in the electrolyzer, then your plate-to-plate voltage is 12V. This configuration is designated as +-. 2 plates = 1 cell.

If you had three plates(anode & neutral cathode) in the electrolyzer, then your plate-to-plate voltage is 6V. This configuration is designated as +N-. 3 plates = 2 cells.

If you had four plates(anode & neutral & neutral & cathode) in the electrolyzer, then your plate-to-plate voltage is 4V. This configuration is designated as +NN-. 4 plates = 3 cells.

If you had five plates(anode & neutral & neutral & neutral & cathode) in the electrolyzer, then your plate-to-plate voltage is 3V. This configuration is designated as +NNN-. 5 plates = 4 cells.

The number of cells is normally 1 less than the number plates. The plate-to-plate voltage is the source voltage(12V) divided by the number of cells.

By adding neutral plates, you can bring down the plate-to-plate voltage(aka cell voltage). Plate-to-plate voltages in the range of 1.3V to 2.0V seem to be pretty good and heat limiting.

Setting the electrolyzer temperature can be done a number of ways.
1. You could just add neutral plates to "dial down" the temperature.
2. You could add chemicals to the water to "dial up" the temperature.
3. You could use some active or passive heating/cooling system.

timetowinarace
07-15-2008, 11:42 AM
20 amps warmed up or cold? If your starting at 20 amps before the the unit is warm, your amp draw at warmer temps will go up.

Add more N plates to drop voltage or set the amps at a lower level. Start at 5-10 amps so the unit can warm up and level off at your desired range.

HHOturbohonda
07-17-2008, 04:28 PM
My plate set up is -n+n- is this ok or is this wrong for hydrogen production... Is it the cooler the water the better or does it need to be engine temp. Also a kia sportage that i been exsperimenting on is getting good mile the first 1/4 tank but after the 1st 1/4 tank of gas her miles falls down....

Stratous
07-17-2008, 04:35 PM
You should heat the distilled water to about 120° before adding any electrolyte. Then add the electrolyte to the heated water while monitoring the amp draw. Once the desired maximum amp draw is reached stop adding the electrolyte. Doing it this way will ensure that the amp draw does not get our of hand.

The reason the kia is not sustaining the good MPG is because the cars computer learned and has made adjustments to the air to fuel ratio. You can correct this by tricking the cars computer or loading a new program into the cars computer. You can also disconnect the batter for a half hour and allow the computer to reset the computer.