PDA

View Full Version : a simple pos & neg electrode config

Allen
07-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi guys. As a newbie I don't know if an idea I have in mind has already been tried. If it has, sorry for the repeat.

I propose a design for the HHO generator that doesn't use Pos and Neg stainless wires helixed around a plexiglass cruciform core that could be degraded by heat. And I don't like the idea of plates closely stacked in a way that might obstruct bubble flow. For the positive and negative HHO generating electrodes my design would have two 7-inch sections of 1/4-inch stainless threaded rod, each mounting a series of stacked stainless fender washers spaced, separated, and locked in place on the posts by stainless nuts. ... The posts would be positioned in the HHO generator in a way where the washers of the pos and neg posts would be at slightly different levels, and close enough to partially overlap without touching each other or the opposite post. ... the idea is to get as much surface area as possible for both pos and neg electrodes, keeping them close yet open enough to allow freedom of the HHO gas bubbles to flow over the disc surfaces where they are generated, and upward, dislodging each other, before escaping through the bubbler outlet.

My design would provide a lot of electrode surface area without the inclusion of any plexiglass parts that might be degraded by heat buildup. The screw-off lid would be a plastic canning jar lid with the electrodes passing through neoprene insulators, partially isolating the plastic lid from the heat of the electrodes. If additional lid top rigidity is needed for the electrode rod mounts, a high temp plastic disk could be inserted in the underside of the lid top before the fitting holes are drilled. The container itself would be glass. Glass is a good insulator. The higher the lid is above the electrolyte the cooler it will remain.

Admittedly, I don't fully understand the dynamics of electrolysis with respect to electrode shape and placement for max gas production efficiency, least heat produced, and least electrical power required. I have a thick skin, so all comments will be appreciated.

countryboy18
07-17-2008, 12:51 AM
when people have plate configurations they think about the flow of the HHO gas. by having the plates vertical the gas moves up the side of the plate and pushes off the gas and flows right up to the top with nothing it it way to stop it. take a look at my drawing. hope it helps anything blue in the pictures is plastic parts washers mostly, black=b- grey= neutral red= +

Bwanar
07-17-2008, 02:50 AM
I thought of this design too, but I believed that the gas made from the bottom cell would be interfeared with by the cells above. Also that so many plates would just be a better water heater and less efficient. Have you tried one of those for production as opposed to 2? Are you getting more than twice the production? If this is not the case, it would seem to be from my experience that the two cells would be better served in seperate units with their own water supply. Should run cooler and put out at least as much gas. Just curious if you have tried this out and if so what your proven results were? Thanks!

when people have plate configurations they think about the flow of the HHO gas. by having the plates vertical the gas moves up the side of the plate and pushes off the gas and flows right up to the top with nothing it it way to stop it. take a look at my drawing. hope it helps anything blue in the pictures is plastic parts washers mostly, black=b- grey= neutral red= +

countryboy18
07-17-2008, 10:36 AM
will make this one first and first out how good it is and then add the one above it after i see how the car takes one cell. then add the one above it nessary