PDA

View Full Version : Finally, some fizz!

jerryrig
07-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Well, I am going down the ss washer road. I have some ss washers and ss screws. I took a 3 inch peice of round plastic about 3'' tall and I started to run rows of washers down the side of it by screwing them in where they can all touch. So each row is different. +-+-+-. Anyhow, I had some old water I have out in the garage from prior tests, so I am really not sure what was in that water before hand. Anyhow, I hooked it up to a 12v battery, and things are working pretty good. Then, just to play I added 4 HEAPING table spoons of baking soda to the mix. It did not seem like it was getting too hot or anything. I hooked it up to my little 6amp battery charger and it burried the needle to the top. I could look a at the top and see bubbles of course and what looked like to me was gas. My water stayed semi clean and so on. So, I have a long road ahead of me, I am going to change up the cell design. I am going to keep the washers like they are but I need a smaller cylnder to fit in my housing I bought for it. But, anyhow, here are some quistions.

How much is TOO much electrolyte....hence baking soday? Also, is there anything better than that on the shelf I can buy? I was going to try epson salts too later on.

I plan on puting in some N washers too in the long run. I am just excited that I am finally get some results. I thought washers would be easey to work with, but not so much. Easey to obtain, but hard to place. Thanks for everyone's help.:D

timetowinarace
07-16-2008, 10:11 AM
How much is too much? Just depends on your desired amps draw.