PDA

View Full Version : pwm or potentiometer

nikolatesla2
06-14-2009, 02:55 PM
hi and hello
i just heard about hho cells 2 days ago
i am very excited about hho power and what it can do for me
i just graduated from a tech school where i studied applied electrical technology
in class a pwm was another name for a type of adjustable frequency motor drive
as in alternating current
why does one need a dc pwm when a pot switch does exactly that?
no frequency modulation in dc bro
where am i confused here?

mytoyotasucks
06-15-2009, 01:24 AM
hi and hello
i just heard about hho cells 2 days ago
i am very excited about hho power and what it can do for me
i just graduated from a tech school where i studied applied electrical technology
in class a pwm was another name for a type of adjustable frequency motor drive
as in alternating current
why does one need a dc pwm when a pot switch does exactly that?
no frequency modulation in dc bro
where am i confused here?

a pot switch cannot handle high amps, even most military grade post can only handle 3 - 6 amps.

and a simple PWM does not work like peps say.

nikolatesla2
06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
of course, 20 to 30 amps is not a small amount of current
my first concern with that much current flow would be a proper switch
30 amps continuous should receive parts rated at 45 amps
at least that's the way im going to approach it
cheers!

HHO BLASTER
06-16-2009, 12:46 AM
of course, 20 to 30 amps is not a small amount of current
my first concern with that much current flow would be a proper switch
30 amps continuous should receive parts rated at 45 amps
at least that's the way im going to approach it
cheers!

Is this for testing in the engine or on a work bench?

nikolatesla2
06-16-2009, 10:21 PM
safety first, bro!
20 amps dc will kill you quick
if your wire is warm to the touch it is too small
kinda not on the pwm subject but there it is
copper aint cheap is it?

bercelio
10-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Is this for testing in the engine or on a work bench?
he estado leyendo el foro detenidamenente y los links , pero la duda persiste , construi drycell de 14 placas de 8" x 6" , de trabajo real son de 5"x8" para un motor 1600 c.c. que pwm debo usar , lei que si se usa una bobina toroide se mejora la calidad y produccion puede alguienayudarme por favor gracias

biggy boy
10-15-2009, 06:43 PM
he estado leyendo el foro detenidamenente y los links , pero la duda persiste , construi drycell de 14 placas de 8" x 6" , de trabajo real son de 5"x8" para un motor 1600 c.c. que pwm debo usar , lei que si se usa una bobina toroide se mejora la calidad y produccion puede alguienayudarme por favor gracias

Hola
SÃ*, señor Phil está trabajando en un proyecto utilizando una bobina de una mayor eficiencia!!

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=5855

Glen

Llew2_1
10-19-2009, 09:29 AM
We have a HOD device, which draws 22 amps. Wich is the max the my charger will put out. It trips out then. It generates lots of bubbles, but not enough for what we want. We are experimenting with a PWM and different plate spacing. Our next experiment is with 110 volts ac and varying plate spacing.
We have a solinoide for switching the 22 amps 13,5 volts and an interlock using the oil pressure switch. Which prevents it operating without oil pressure.
I have been keeping a diary on my web page www.angelfire.com/mt/llew
It has a total of 37 hours of bench testing, no sign of any heat. The case holds 22 litres of electrolyte.
We are not geting the volume of HHO we had hoped for, we are looking for 10 plus L per min. Its intended for Tractors and Trucks, carburretored engines and mechanical injection diesels.
Any advice, comments suggestions.

Philldpapill
11-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Shane, why won't AC work? It may not work for a classic PWM, but it works just fine for electrolysis... If you want to seperate the gasses(H2 in one tank, O2 in another), then no, AC will cause both gases to bubble up from both plates.

However, this whole business of using a 12V batter and a 120VAC inverter, then recitfying it is nonsense. Especially the recitfying part... That's just another place where you loose power(through the diodes).