PDA

View Full Version : dry cell with tubes

shiby
06-20-2009, 11:08 PM
im building a dry cell with 12 tubes -nn+ for each tube and trying to maybe separate the gas. using 3 lexan plates 1/2" thick on each side. + lead is connected to the out side tubes and the - lead to all of the rods inside the lexan on one side. will it work good?

shiby
06-21-2009, 01:31 AM
a little better drawing

crazyhydrogen
06-22-2009, 09:51 AM
im building a dry cell with 12 tubes -nn+ for each tube and trying to maybe separate the gas. using 3 lexan plates 1/2" thick on each side. + lead is connected to the out side tubes and the - lead to all of the rods inside the lexan on one side. will it work good?

I believe you've got something here. I have always had better results with tubes rather then flat plates, and it got better with the pwm. you shouldn't need the neutral tubes with this design. I found that +-+ gets amazing results without getting warm.
I have a picture of a wet cell with 6 cells in it at the top of my website if you'd like to see it.
Let us know of the results.

shiby
06-23-2009, 04:19 AM
i started my 12 tube hho gen in a wet cell with +and - tubes then added a neutral tube and got 30% better production and then added another neutral tube and got another 30% or so better production but bigger tubes are expensive to get in 316L up here in ak. my tubes are 1",3/4",1/2" and 1/4" all thread. i was gettin around 2lpm at 12v-35amps in a wet cell set up.