PDA

View Full Version : Power

Roland@KnR
07-16-2008, 06:45 PM
How would you power the HHO if you were not using the engines battery or its charging system?

dennis13030
07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
How would you power the HHO if you were not using the engines battery or its charging system?

I think you are asking about powering an ELECTROLYZER, almost any electrical source of power will due. Keep in mind that the amount of gas production depends on the amount of power applied.

It is possible to use a 9V battery. It is possible to use 120V AC from the wall outlet. A few have used solar panels.

Roland@KnR
07-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Ok I appreciate it Dennis, on another note how do you figure out the LPM's I read your last reply on that but I am still confused how to figure it out I take the time it took to raise the bottle and divide it by the ml's of the bottle is that correct?

mikestrikes
07-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah I have thought about a Hybrid type system......... sort of. LOL

Mount 2 group 24 deepcycle batteries in the back and run the genarator off of them at 12v and 160 AH as they are 80 AH each.
Mount the battery charger next to them and charge at night, this way I am not take'n the cars power and only adding HHO.... still need to fool the ecu but thats easy with a controller.

Man I need some money to build my genarator and try all this out... :rolleyes:

Roland@KnR
07-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Some fellow relayed to me today that the amount of HHO produced is really not doing me no good because of the pull on the charging system so we discussed other ways around this I figure if the vehicle is running and I am only using as many amps as my radio wheres the difference.

mikestrikes
07-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Some fellow relayed to me today that the amount of HHO produced is really not doing me no good because of the pull on the charging system so we discussed other ways around this I figure if the vehicle is running and I am only using as many amps as my radio wheres the difference.

Approx .5 MPG loss for every 10 amps extra used.

Approx 25 MPG extra from burning HHO in a properly tuned car !!

I dont see why people keep say'n " IT WONT WORK ! "

Roland@KnR
07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
appreciate it Mike now I have some more ammo. Do you know how to simplify the LPM's test if I raise the bottle of 591ml in a minute or 60seconds what is the out come or how do I compute that?

dennis13030
07-17-2008, 02:12 AM
See the image below.

With a 500ml bottle full, the calculation is just

(0.5 L*60sec.)/#sec.

That is a half liter times 60 seconds quantity divided by the number of seconds it took to fill the bottle.
The answer is in Liters Per Minute.

BAD MEDICINE
07-26-2008, 06:40 PM
I just have a gatoraid bottle with two fittings on it. one that has a hose running to the bottom of the bottle and one that just taps into the bottle. I fill up the bottle with water and hook my generator to it. As the gas fills the bottle it pushes water up the tube and into a nalgene bottle.

Shouldnt however much water I have in the nalgene be my LPM?

HHOhoper
07-28-2008, 03:12 PM
That sounds like it works a little different from the diagram that Dennis provided. I haven't seen a design that actually pushes the water and uses the water to measure the gas. I would guess that route could be more accurate. Can you put pictures on here of your design? I really like the water displacement idea.