PDA

View Full Version : Help with HHO cell idea

WJB
07-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Doing some reading here it seems that the ready-made mason jar hho generator will probably do nothing but discourage me from hho. It's just not that efficient and with a 5.9L diesel I probably need a hho generator with a little extra production.

I've also been reading that heat can be a problem. So I'm thinking that in front of the radiators would be the best placement. I don't have a whole lot of room in the engine compartment and the most available space is next to the exhaust manifold and turbo...I'm guessing that's not a good place for an hho generator. ;)

So the coolest place, and also the most accessible for water refill is right in front of the radiators. Unfortunately, I only have a depth of 1 7/8" outside diameter to work with. The unit can be up to 24" long and 4" wide, but will have little depth. Will this model work for hho production? Depending on the material width for the casing I'm probably looking at plates that are 1" x 3 1/2". But I can stack 20 or 30 plates if I need to. Is this a good model that will produce hho well?

Here's a quickie draw up. Any thoughts are appreciated.

http://www.belletc.net/misc/hhogen.jpg

Painless
07-16-2008, 10:47 PM
That's a Dodge Ram you have there, right?

Have you thought about hanging the unit behind the front bumper? It would pick up plenty of cool air, as well as being below the level of the main engine components (hot air rises and all that jazz). I have a 2006 Ram 1500 (4.7L gas) and there is oodles of space in that position.

Stratous
07-16-2008, 10:51 PM
You should go with 2 generators instead of one, you will be alot happier in the long run and have the capability to produce alot more HHO if needed.

WJB
07-16-2008, 10:54 PM
That's a Dodge Ram you have there, right?

Have you thought about hanging the unit behind the front bumper? It would pick up plenty of cool air, as well as being below the level of the main engine components (hot air rises and all that jazz). I have a 2006 Ram 1500 (4.7L gas) and there is oodles of space in that position.

Yeah, it's an 01 Ram. There is a lot of space inside the bumper right behind the license plate, but it might not get a whole lot of air unless I move it to the left or right in front of one of the openings in the bumper. But I was also thinking of ease of maintenance. If it was right there in the open when you popped the hood that would be nice and easy.

WJB
07-16-2008, 10:57 PM
You should go with 2 generators instead of one, you will be alot happier in the long run and have the capability to produce alot more HHO if needed.

would you do two generators into one bubbler? What do you think about the thin depth generator design? Also, with check valves do you need a bubbler?

Stratous
07-16-2008, 11:11 PM
would you do two generators into one bubbler? What do you think about the thin depth generator design? Also, with check valves do you need a bubbler?

I dont use a check valve on my cummins, and I think one bubbler would be just fine. A bubbler is more than a safety device, its also a filter and a resivour. The bubbler will stop the liquid from the generator from migrating to the engine. I have my bubbler mounted in the place where the fog lamps would be in the bumber. I dont know how I feel about the thin design, but I do know that unless you can get 1.5LPM out of the design you have w/o it overheating, then your not going to get much benefit. The 5.9L needs more HHO than a little 2.5L motor.

WJB
07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I dont use a check valve on my cummins, and I think one bubbler would be just fine. A bubbler is more than a safety device, its also a filter and a resivour. The bubbler will stop the liquid from the generator from migrating to the engine. I have my bubbler mounted in the place where the fog lamps would be in the bumber. I dont know how I feel about the thin design, but I do know that unless you can get 1.5LPM out of the design you have w/o it overheating, then your not going to get much benefit. The 5.9L needs more HHO than a little 2.5L motor.

How do you measure LPM?

dennis13030
07-17-2008, 09:24 PM
See the image below.