PDA

View Full Version : ready made o2 sensor simulators

joshsbrain
07-17-2008, 08:49 PM
I use these circuits just like an EFIE. The o2 SIM sends a small voltage (1.2) to the car computer and the car lowers the fuel air ration dramatically, about half of normal idle RPMs. You can watch them in action at youtube. just search my name: joshsbrain. im selling ready made ones for 50 plus ship. paypal

Jaxom
07-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Lying to the computer to force it to lean out the air/fuel mixture is not a good idea, especially to that degree. You'll end up driving the combustion temps up dramatically. If you're lucky the programming in the ECM will set a failure code on the O2 and keep it from running so lean that it does damage, if you're not lucky you can expect to burn your valves or worse.

You can get away with doing this in small amounts but a constant 1.2v signal from the O2 will cause the computer to lean out as much as it possibly can.

joshsbrain
07-18-2008, 06:41 PM
did you watch the video? its not a constant 1.2v. it is a loop that shuts off when the pcm recieves the signal shortly after startup. no burned rings and no error code.

DrBrown
07-22-2008, 09:18 AM
??? Ummm narrowband O2's only read up to 1.0v. So why would you send an additional 1.2v to the ECU? That would tell the ECU to cut out all fuel, even if its only a pulsing signal. Afterall the o2's dont have a constant pulse to the ECU, its every second or so. I'm not knocking the product but I think the COSM is better.

Dewayne
07-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Where can I find info on the COSM-III?

Phantom240
07-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Lying to the computer to force it to lean out the air/fuel mixture is not a good idea, especially to that degree. You'll end up driving the combustion temps up dramatically. If you're not lucky you can expect to burn your valves or worse.

lol

I have a couple valves suffering from high combustion temps while my fuel system wasn't working correctly. Shit sucks.

joshsbrain
07-28-2008, 07:07 PM
??? Ummm narrowband O2's only read up to 1.0v. So why would you send an additional 1.2v to the ECU? That would tell the ECU to cut out all fuel, even if its only a pulsing signal. Afterall the o2's dont have a constant pulse to the ECU, its every second or so. I'm not knocking the product but I think the COSM is better.

ok its not an additional 1.2v, its just 1.2v and its every 3.3 seconds not constant. hope this clears things up for you.

joshsbrain
07-28-2008, 07:26 PM
lol

I have a couple valves suffering from high combustion temps while my fuel system wasn't working correctly. Shit sucks.

hho systems are only supplements. If you try to squeeze too much out, the valve rings will burn, including plugs. check out the new bmw 7 series hydrogen.

Omega
08-03-2008, 11:27 PM
hho systems are only supplements. If you try to squeeze too much out, the valve rings will burn, including plugs. check out the new bmw 7 series hydrogen.

What in the heck are valve rings????

futureofhho
08-08-2008, 03:11 PM
depending barometric pressure, ambient temp, fuel type, ignition timing, elevation, blah,blah,blah- the computer needs to be able to see various voltages/cycles to compensate for conditions. o2 enhancers are awesome if you know your a/f ratio...otherwise your asking for it. You got to undestand what they are for and how not to damage peoples stuff :)....best ive found are the wide band performance 02's with a/f meter (manually reprogrammable)
...the more you know.

HHO King
10-17-2008, 12:16 PM
I've built and modified several COSM III controllers and they work beautifully.

You can control fuel pulse width so easy with these units.

We build custom HHO PWM's and incorporate these into some of the units.

http://www.extremehho.com