PDA

View Full Version : back to the drawing board again. sorry kind of long

jerryrig
07-17-2008, 11:42 PM
:D
Well, make a long story short, I made a cell and it was working good. Almost to good. It buried the amp meter on my little 6 amp battery charger. The foam was crazy and it would pop like mad when lit. It kind of scared me. Plus, the wiring was a nightmare. So, I down sized a bit.

I saw someone on youtube that had a tracker, he only had 3 inside ss tubes and the outside was ss. Now, he was geting like 15 more miles to the gallon with just those few tubes.

So really, what is too much and what is too little? My new cell has just one + and one -. was doing a bench test with some baking soda. I was puting about 6 table spoons of baking soda in there and I was drawing about 6 amps and making some pretty nice gass. I could light it, but it did not sound like it was going to kill me or anything.

My friend that did the mason jar cells is pulling around six amps. So I figure I would give this cell a try on my truck and see how it goes.

So, really, all of these other tests out there with really big plates, a lot of plates and so on. Is that all just testing for bigger and better things, or is a blue collar two terminal cell okay to go? I still have not built my dream cell. I might wait for that for a while. But I want to start reaping the benefit now of some HHO and I don't want to go any more on testing and trying. What is everyone elses thoughs.?:confused:

scottyhho
07-18-2008, 01:51 AM
If your unit is working properly, you shouldn't need more than a spoonful of baking soda.

EltonBrandd
07-18-2008, 02:35 AM
If your 6amp charger was putting out only 6 amps then you don't know how many amps it will really pull when you hook it up to an 80amp alternator. I ran a 3 cell +-+ and it pulled 50 amps and exploded! Hook it up to your car and make sure you have an accurate ammeter and check it again.