PDA

View Full Version : No MPG Change

happy002
07-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey , I have a 2008 Chevy truck 5.3 L V8 1800 miles 15 MPG . I installed a 3 Jar wire HHO system with MAP enhancer .I have adjusted the bubbler to no bubbles and then to a few bubbles still no change in MPG.I installed a scan gauge that reads the MAP sensor ,at Idle it is 8.0 , with the enhancer i can control it from 8.0 down to 4.3 at idle I have the map sensor set at 5.0 at idle. also when I unplugged my MAP sensor the truck did not die it only idled down then back up, guess on newer trucks the added a bottom limit on the MAP program. My HHO system is only connected to the vacuum hose, I did not add the other hose to the air box (have a hard time explaining the hole at the dealership).My HHO system pulls 8 amps and are connected in parallel, I used distilled water and 1 teaspoon of baking soda ,I used 316 SS.032 wire 4 strands for positive 2 strands for negative 3/8 spacing. Wonder what I done wrong or not done to get a change in my MPG.

Bigtoyota
07-18-2008, 01:13 AM
It doesn't sound like you are producing enough gas OR your oxygen sensors are compensating for the HHO being burned and are negating the effects. Did you check the output in Liters per minute of your generators?

Also, from what I've read the wire generators don't produce as well as the plate generators. I would check your output as a very good place to start.

daveczrn
07-18-2008, 01:33 AM
i dont think you are producing enough HHO. you should try measuring the output of your generator.

dave

Stratous
07-18-2008, 10:58 AM
8 amps on a series cell is not enough, you need to be pulling about 15 amps. Generally speaking 10 amps is around .5 to .8 LPM on a plate design. I would imagine that is even less on a wire wrap design. I would imagine you need to produce more hydrogen, then build a bubbler that will seperate the oxygen from the hydrogen and vent the o2. Its not difficult to build using magnets.

cougar gt-e
07-18-2008, 11:32 AM
I would imagine you need to produce more hydrogen, then build a bubbler that will seperate the oxygen from the hydrogen and vent the o2. Its not difficult to build using magnets.

Interesting, Can you post a link to the how to? Thanks

(I now have a smack-ish booster bubbling away to try and pre-condition it. I can see that a short cut I made is ----eh---- not so good shall we say.)