PDA

View Full Version : Winding SS Wire

bat
07-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Hi,
I am attempting to build the cell I saw by H2ofueltechnology. He gives a pretty through outline on YouTube.

All went well until I tried to twist the ss wire with my drill motor. After a few turns the wire snapped. After a half dozen tries, I ended up hand winding it and that worked well.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how they solved it.

Thanks

Farmercal
07-18-2008, 06:43 AM
I never even attempted the drill thing. I just hand wound mine together. It isn't pretty but it works just fine. I was more interested in functionality rather than aesthetics.

computerclinic
07-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Keep the drill speed as slow as possible while keeping the line as taught as possible.

I started out with the wire stuff and found more problems than what it was worth. Plates last longer and are generally much easier to work with.

bat
07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the input.
I am getting the picture that plates are the way to go, but I want to try the spiral because it appears to be a bit less complicated to assemble. This is my first attempt.
Great site for learning the truth about hho and how to maintain safety.

Bigtoyota
07-18-2008, 11:17 AM
There is a post on these forums on how to make a "Smack" design cell. I went and bought all the parts yesterday minus the nylon all thread, that was a bit difficult to find here. I had the top of the PVC booster done in about 1/2 an hour. I'm picking up the rod this morning and should have the cell done by this evening. If you decide to go with a plate design, I'd recommend this one. Easy to build and assemble.

Farmercal
07-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the input.
I am getting the picture that plates are the way to go, but I want to try the spiral because it appears to be a bit less complicated to assemble. This is my first attempt.
Great site for learning the truth about hho and how to maintain safety.Bat, I am leaning in that direction as well. I have the spiral thing built but I am unsure of how much HHO it produces. After reading this site I now know how to measure the HHO output and will test that this weekend.

Pipanski
07-18-2008, 02:48 PM
http://hhohotrod.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=12.0

I bought the materials last night. I hope to start making spirals by the end of the weekend.

bat
07-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi guys,
I did make one change from the suggested directions for the core. Instead of making the holes on just two opposing sides, I drilled all four sides, I offset the holes a 1/4 inch to allow for the spiral. I dont want any chance of the wire moving and making contact inside the unit.
Thanks for the input.

Bigtoyota
07-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Holy smokes!! After watch him put the coils into the electrolyte and watching it produce, I may have to retract my comment about the coils not producing as well. If you build one similar to that demonstration, I would be very curious to know the LPM output and the size of the coils.

When wire was mentioned, I was assuming smaller diameter wire, not the 1/8" round stock that was used in that demo.

Roland@KnR
07-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Big Toyota where did you find the nylon washers and the threaded rod?

Bigtoyota
07-18-2008, 10:40 PM
The nylon washers I found at the local Lowe's. The nylon rod I had to get at Tacoma Screw. The nylon rod was the HARDEST item to find. Home depot also has the nylon washers, in the nut and bolt section with the pull out drawers.