PDA

View Full Version : Small cell, would I still get a change?

jerryrig
07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
I have finished my small cell.....one + one - and when I hook it up, I make gas, but nothing crazy.....I hook a hose to the top output I made and stick it in a bucket of water. There are no bubbles. This is only a bench test though. Anyhow, I am going to hook it to my truck and see how it goes. Wish me luck and some good words of encourgement would be great too.:confused:

Bigtoyota
07-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Make sure that the bucket you are using as a Bubbler is proportional in size to the generator you are using. If you have a generator made out of a gatorade bottle (my first), don't use a full 1 gallon bucket as a bubbler. The reason? Water pressure in the bubbler tube. That small generator can't make enough pressure to overcome the water pressure in the bubbler tube. Try using just enough water to cover the bubbler hose at the bottom of the container. Or use a smaller container.

My first generator was a Gatorade bottle, two 6" 5/6" bolts, two pieces of wire, and a hose coming out of the top of the bottle cap. I used the battery from my lawnmower to power it. I was getting 3-4 good sized bubbles per second out of it using baking soda. I'll have to set it up again and take some video with my camera.

I used it as a demo to show my buddy that I wasn't really crazy and this really did make hydrogen.

Next, with that small of a cell, I doubt it would make a difference in your car. You need a larger cell with an amperage draw of about 15 amps to produce enough HHO to make a difference. Somewhere in the vicinity of 1-1.5 liters per minute of HHO would be good.

However, a small unit like that MAY work well on a pushmower or riding lawnmower.

jerryrig
07-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Okay, I should re-phrase that. When I said small, I meant only one + and one -. I am using a 3 inch pvc pipe tube with a cap on the bottom and a screw on cap. My + is one ss bolt running through the bottom with a washer, nut, washer, nut, washer nut stack and then held on with a wing nut. Then, my - is a 3 inch diamiter ss steel pipe 5 inches tall. It fits perfect inside this 3 inch tube.

Well, I hooked it up to my car just a few minutes ago and I was geting some really good gas, better than on the bench with my 6 amp charger. Well, I capped it off and I stuck a hose in some water, no bubles. Well that was a downer, so make a long story short, I lit the end of the hose, the gas shot out like a flamer thrower and backflashed inside my tube and shinged the inside of my plastic tube. It was crazy. So I know I am getting some good gas. Anyhow, with this set up, do you think I will get any change in MPG

timetowinarace
07-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Check for leaks. Seal off the outlet, power up the unit, apply water with some dish soap in it to all connection/caps. If bubbles appear in the soapy water you have a leak.

Just like checking a tire or innertube.

Bigtoyota
07-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Ah, yes I did misunderstand you. That sounds like a decent producing unit you've designed. Yes, it sounds like your tube is leaking.

jerryrig
07-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I think I might order another 3" ss tube, and put it in my pvc tube and make it hover over the bottom tube by screwing a bolt through the pvc pipe like I did for the other ss tube. There would be a space between the to ss tubes, one on bottom and one on top. That way you could have a mulit electrode tube.

You could do something like that with ss rings. It would be a lot of hole drilling, but I bet you could get some wicked gas out of that, make the bottom a - then the next ring above that a + and then keep going and throw some n plates in there. The wiring would be a easey, but kind of crazy, but it would be intersting to see what that would do.:D