PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for lid

timetowinarace
07-18-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm making a new unit for my truck. The past few days I have I have completed and conditioned the plates. Right now there will be three sets in series of four plates in parrallel. In our lingo, the center set could be considered a neutral set as this is in an open bath, however there will be about 3" of water between each set with them physically/electrically connected so that current leakage through the electrolyte is minimized. While the truck is running there should be +/- 7V across each four plate set and up to 30amps through all of them.

The container will be a five gallon clear plastic(of some sort) hexagonal shaped fish aquarium with no seams. I will mount it in the bed of the truck. The reason for the container choice is water volume and demonstration. Water volume for heat reduction. Demonstration for a clear understanding of hho to anyone interested. Pun intended.

I have a piece of lexan to use as a cover to continue the demonstration theme. Connections will be easily seen. The whole lid needs to be removable for plate/water cleaning. So, how do I attach and seal it? I have idea's but would like others thoughts as they may be better than my own.

On a side note, I will be using just well water. No additives. I've put my hand in the water many times while the plates were energized and felt nothing. I'm wondering, since it is a fish tank after all, if a goldfish could live in it.:eek: I would have to monitor temps very carefully, maybe adding a seperate water tank to circulate a greater volume of water.

timetowinarace
07-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Wow, I thought the fish thing would elicit a wide range of comments.

Bigtoyota
07-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I would be curious to know if the fish could live in there as well with it running. Just don't let the PETA people in on this!! :D

Smith03Jetta
07-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I would recommend against having a real live Goldfish in your HHO Generator. Goldfish urine/feces has a high ammonia content. That should be no problem unless you use NaCL as your catalyst or use tap water. If you introduce a Chlorine containing mixture into the Ammonia containing solution, you will get a highly explosive gas nitrogen trichloride.

Although Ammonia has been proposed as an alternative fuel for the internal combustion engine, I don't think it's the right chemical to have floating around in a water mixture with electricity.

The Goldfish will also die but that's not the point!:eek:

It would be funny to get some plastic Goldfish and have them swimming around in a large generator.