PDA

View Full Version : I can see the gas, but no bubbles? Do I need to seal more?

jerryrig
07-18-2008, 12:57 PM
I can see the gasses come off the top of my water, but when I hook a tube to my lid and stick the tube in water, no bubles. But I lit the end of my hose a little whie ago and the gas shot out like a flame thrower, backflassed inside my clear outlet tube and singed the end of my tube.:eek: So do I need to seal my system more, and maybe get some pipe thread around the top or something?:confused:

dennis13030
07-18-2008, 01:22 PM
It does sound like your container is leaking HHO. Try removing the water, close the unit, blow into the output tube while holding the unit under water. This should help you find the leak.

jerryrig
07-18-2008, 08:29 PM
I had to drill some holes in it for the bolts. I am using pvc. I used some water sealent silicone........the kind for fish tanks to seal up my holes. So I have not water leaks. But, I noticed some of the silicone started to get a little fried at the bottom of my unit. So I need to buy some of that high heat stuff to seal around those and the rest of the cracks. We will see how that goes.:D:confused:

dennis13030
07-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Whatever steps you take to seal the leaks, just make sure you pressure test the unit after the sealant dries. I would just empty the unit of water, hold it under water and blow air into the output tubing. If there are leaks, they will create bubbles.