PDA

View Full Version : How much water?

Dewayne
07-18-2008, 03:04 PM
I've skipped around this forum a lot and I have not came across any information on how much water (max) a generator should hold.

I'm building a Smacks type generator. At this time the main PVC sleeve is 12" long (not counting end caps.)

I know water consumption is dependant on the amount of gas the unit is providing. I plan on installing a PWM and set it to provide around 5 to 6 amps.

If my generator is producing 1.2LPM how much water will the generator consume in 5 hrs. of operation? Thats about 3/4 of a tank of gas for me.

BTW it cost me $89 to fill my truck today -- YUK

Stratous
07-18-2008, 03:14 PM
I've skipped around this forum a lot and I have not came across any information on how much water (max) a generator should hold.

I'm building a Smacks type generator. At this time the main PVC sleeve is 12" long (not counting end caps.)

I know water consumption is dependant on the amount of gas the unit is providing. I plan on installing a PWM and set it to provide around 5 to 6 amps.

If my generator is producing 1.2LPM how much water will the generator consume in 5 hrs. of operation? Thats about 3/4 of a tank of gas for me.

BTW it cost me $89 to fill my truck today -- YUK

Unless you have broken the efficiency thresh hold, your not going to get 1.2LPM @ 6 amps. Its difficult to answer your question about water consumption, but in my unit which is 8"x8"x6" @30 amps creating about 1.5 to 2LPM i only add water about once a week and its only about 500ML worth.

Dewayne
07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Unless you have broken the efficiency thresh hold, your not going to get 1.2LPM @ 6 amps. Its difficult to answer your question about water consumption, but in my unit which is 8"x8"x6" @30 amps creating about 1.5 to 2LPM i only add water about once a week and its only about 500ML worth.

I thought by using a PWM I can get a good output of gas and only draw about 6 amps.

Wrong?

High current scares me...............

Bigtoyota
07-18-2008, 04:21 PM
In a short sentence, no. There is no substitute for raw amperage. From what I've read and seen here and elsewhere, adding a PWM does close to nothing for HHO generators. However, it wouldn't to try one and see what happens with your production. Get a LPM check with and without a PWM. I would surmise that it has much to do with cell design though.