PDA

View Full Version : Bubbler quistions.

jerryrig
07-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Soon I will be building a bubler. Now, my unti will go to the bubbler via a hose thorugh the top (that is what I have read any way) then the outlet goes from the top also. Now, does the inlet have a hose running down inside the bubller and do the gasses just bubble up from the bubbler to the air intake.

Also, I read here on the forum that your bibbler should be about the same size as your unit. I have also heard tha it should be smaller. I am confused on this one. What makes the difference? Does it have something to do with pressure exchange? Please someone give me the low down on the bubblers?:confused:

dennis13030
07-18-2008, 08:42 PM
The bubbler does not have to be large. A bubbler is not required but it is recommended.

See the image below.

The bubbler does a few things like;
1. it filters the out going HHO,
2. if there is a flash back through the output hose, it will damage to bubbler instead of the electrolyzer(this is a good thing).

nadeem5476
07-19-2008, 01:37 AM
how to protect the bubbler from blasting from catch back fire / spark ?

Phantom240
07-19-2008, 03:26 AM
Fix your car so it doesn't backfire through the intake?

Or put an inline flashback arrestor between the bubbler and the motor.

dennis13030
07-19-2008, 10:49 AM
I recommend a fashback arrester. What some people do is they make the bubbler with a lid that is sealed but "POPS OFF" easily.

See this link
http://www.iigas.com/fba.htm#fba

Bigtoyota
07-19-2008, 12:43 PM
The bubbler design with the smacks unit acts as a flashback arrestor. I have personally witnessed this last night. I had the output tube from the bubbler in a coffee can with water so we could light the bubbles. He proceeded to burn a hole in the output tube which made a loud bang, but the flame never even made it into the bubbler.

dennis13030
07-19-2008, 09:33 PM
I agree. A bubbler can act as a flashback arrestor too.