PDA

View Full Version : finished tube dry cell 12 pack

shiby
07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
got 12 tubes +nn- 10 inches long. still not getting any good production 1.5 lpm at 12v 25 amp and heat problems more than in a wet cell seems like. here are some pics. any sugestions to get better production without changing the set up to a flat plate dry cell?

slade420
07-16-2009, 11:00 PM
hey, I dont think you need neutrals with tubing. the stan meyers design only has a - inside the +

also, what kind of stainless are you using? electrolyte?

there also seems to be a lot foam, it seems very restrictive. does foam travel through you outlet hose.

shiby
07-16-2009, 11:15 PM
my tubes are 316l for the all thread and 1 of the tubes the outer 2 tube is 304. im using pure koh scientific grade as my eletrolite. i am getting a good flow of foam through my tubes but one side seems to flow more than the other. the biggst problem is that it heats up fast when running higher amps over 30.

shiby
07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
also im using DI/RO water witch is just like distilled water. i also seem to use about a 1/2 cup of water/koh solution in about 10 min or so.

slade420
07-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I think the high temps at high amps are part due to your design. Every cell using tubing ive seen has been a sealed wet cell design. the more water electrolyte mix, the lower the temps. im no expert but 30 amps seems to be too much amps for your setup. id get rid of the neutrals aswell as the 304 stainless. That is causing the brown colour.

Another thing is, you do not want foam, it accounts for the 1/2 cup of water loss you have. Does it fill up your bubbler?

check out this video of a stan meyers cell recreation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1lScTsHBkQ&feature=related

shiby
07-18-2009, 02:23 PM
yes the foam will fill up my bubbler when running high amps but will eventually level out and circulate just fine